The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 95 tsi no fire 1+4 cylinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm4superman

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2011
Clarksville, Tennessee
I just picked up this 95 talon tsi and have yet to get it running. After looking at all the vac lines and possible boost leak areas I have yet to find anything. I pulled the plug wires off the coil to see if I had spark and the #1 +#4 cylinders had none. #2 #3 are working fine. Car runs but idles low. Holds boost fine too. Replaced the ICM after reading several post that pointed the finger at the ICM. This increased the idle but still no fire. Need some help. I'm new to the turbo thing

If you have any alligator clips and a few paper clips laying around they will assist you if your doing it solo. Use alligator clips to hold the probes in place and paper clips as probes into the connector ends. Feel free to get creative as you go, you are now in "Troubleshooting 101" if you have not done this b4.

I have been trying like mad to get people to this point in finding the cause of this problem, and another just like it. This is about the last option to check, as you well know. You have just replaced about every part in the system and still the problem not solved.

15 years of owning 4 different DSM's, I personally had never had this kind of problem, but, for last 3 weeks just about everyday; I have been noticing on the forum a post of someone with this particular problem. Call it coincidence or what idk as of yet, hopefully you will though....

Remember that jumper wire your making can be cut and spliced just in case you have "No" continuity on that wire, so atleast you can give it a try either way when your troubleshooting.

what about the ignitor module located by the center of the fuel rail that can cause that problem.

Lou98GSX said:
what about the ignitor module located by the center of the fuel rail that can cause that problem.

Yeah man I have put 4 different ones in off running cars. No bueno!!!!

Stars: yeah man I'm going to run a full length wire of the same gauge and spice it in with one of the side by side connectors to keep it in place

Also regardless if there is continuity or not there is still no signal out of the ecu to that coil. I checked it right out of the harness coming from ecu. Pins all look good too. There is also no signal at power transitor unit for the 1-4 cylinders either. I'm so freakin confused but I'll keep testing stuff. Can't fix it unless your working on it

So seems like my car has been fixed. It was a wiring issue in the ignition system kind of like a test loop or something. I'm not sure I'm no electronic whiz but they fixed it so Monday I'll be driving my baby!

change your ignition coil for the left side (looking from exhaust manifold) i have a 95 eclipse gst and that was my problem along with a bad maf sensor changed the ignition coil got it to run horribly but it ran LOL now once i get a new maf i'll be on the road =]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back