The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

91 Talon, cheap 11s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you go with the 93-94AWD style 2 pot calipers or the outlander big brake upgrade? It looks almost exactly like mine did when I upgraded brakes/suspension last year. looks good! Where did you get that braided brake line setup from?

It's the 93/94 two pots. Stainless lines from xtremepsi.com. Worked quite well.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does too. Hopefully soon.

Some more progress today. Finally got the correct rotors for the rear so threw them on. However, it looks like I put the brake line on the wrong side of the strut, can anyone confirm or deny that?

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Some custom intercooler piping (thanks IFab!).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mishimoto radiator with two pusher electric fans.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Coolant Reservoir
image.jpeg

EWG plumbed back in
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 60
Wheels finally mounted.

image.jpeg

Hoping to have them on tomorrow.

Biggest issue currently is waiting on the brake master cylinder rebuild kit, I bought the wrong one... Stupid 15/16-1in stuff.

Anyway, that should be here late Friday, hoping to have it in Monday or Tuesday. Might even be running by next week :-/

I hate to say it but I kind of agree, You had me going with all the nice clean stuff then switched over to the swirlies I was like oh no!

What FMIC setup is that? I'm sorry if its in your previous posts but that looks so much easier to work with then my punishment racing kit.

This car looks really familiar and so does the blue reaper I see in the pictures in the background. Where are you located?

I hate to say it but I kind of agree, You had me going with all the nice clean stuff then switched over to the swirlies I was like oh no!

What FMIC setup is that? I'm sorry if its in your previous posts but that looks so much easier to work with then my punishment racing kit.

No worries, I don't think I mentioned it anywhere. It's a ETS fmic with a custom piping kit.

And I'm going for cheap! So no wheel upgrades yet. The tires are actually off my Volvo since I had an extra set.

This car looks really familiar and so does the blue reaper I see in the pictures in the background. Where are you located?

I think that may be your car in the background...

I think that may be your car in the background...

LOL I keep seeing a bunch of DSM guys that say they're from fort collins, CO. Is there something in the water there or what? LOL

And I'm kind of jealous of your piping kit, when you say custom like you ordered those couplers? Could I bother you for more information on them?

For sure! I'd direct you to Gseclipse93 (IFab) who did all of the intercooler piping. It's a similar setup to a couple cars he's done already.

Lol there may be! I'm just glad there are more people getting away from the Subaru craze that has taken CO by storm.

LOL I keep seeing a bunch of DSM guys that say they're from fort collins, CO. Is there something in the water there or what? LOL

And I'm kind of jealous of your piping kit, when you say custom like you ordered those couplers? Could I bother you for more information on them?
What would you like to know?

I just picked up a 91 for 400 bucks, car turns on like a charm but clutch is nonexisting. I knew mine was a project from the get go. Previous owner didn't run it for 3 years...

Any clutch recommendation, I'm new to the dsm life LOL. 91 tsi awd

2600 act with street disk. Good all around clutch

Yeah man no problem. That is What dsmtuners is for.

Bro from what I've read on these forums since I got the 1g, most responses are "just Google it, or its been discussed". Thanks for actually providing input.

I'd advise AGAINST an ACT 2600 for a 1g unless you want practice pulling the clutch pedal assembly, depending on your setup just get an ACT 2100. this is something you should search for independently though and not post questions on someones build thread.

EDIT : go to google. type in site:dsmtuners.com (your question here) and yes. it has been talked about. hundreds of times. There's nothing wrong with asking, but a big decider is final power goals. If you really can't decide Start a new thread posting as much information as you can about what your final goals are for the car so people can give you informed responses.

I'd advise AGAINST an ACT 2600 for a 1g unless you want practice pulling the clutch pedal assembly, depending on your setup just get an ACT 2100. this is something you should search for independently though and not post questions on someones build thread.

EDIT : go to google. type in site:dsmtuners.com (your question here) and yes. it has been talked about. hundreds of times. There's nothing wrong with asking, but a big decider is final power goals. If you really can't decide Start a new thread posting as much information as you can about what your final goals are for the car so people can give you informed responses.

Depends on if it's the old or new style PP & what clutch disk you use with their PP... that's been my experience. I have a XACT 11LB flywheel, ACT 2600 PP with a SBR kevlar street disk and actually had too much travel, the opposite problem most have, I finally adjusted the clutch pedal to where it engages it about the stock point best I could recall and pass's the drag test perfectly. It's been no issue, but yeah a lot of people have had issues with them in the past...OP do a lot of research on it and draw your own conclusion. There are better choices now days that didn't exists last time I had to change that stuff.

Well, IFab has been hard at work while I've been off fishing. Latest round of stuff completed: brakes, suspension, bunch of assorted electrical gremlins, catch can in.

Needs: clips for the injectors (broken), replace boost gauge (45psi vs 30psi that was in it) , replace wideband gauge (broken), buy new ebcs (broken).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back