The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

90 TPS questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oren hughbanks

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2014
prescott valley, Arizona
Ok so a guy work with just recently picked up a 90 tsi. It's really a gem of a find. Almost 100% stock, nothing but a K&N filter, on a 1g maf. Stock side mount even with a stock exhaust, and a 130k! Managed to pick it up for 1200 bucks.

So I'm helping him through the basics, doing a BLT, and its due for a timing belt and clutch. It has a definite idle issue, so we were going to swap around some sensors since I have a stock pile of TPS and ISC motors. But looking at his TPS, its completely different than my 91. From what I've found so far it should be interchange with a 91?

The 90 TPS and ISC are unique to 1990. I swapped to a 1991 TB because the 90 wouldn't bolt up to my EVO3 intake without a HUGE leak. I made adaptor harnesses for the newer TPS and ISC for a plug and play swap and not to mention a lot cheaper replacements. I have three 90's, one from each manufacturing group, Eclipse Talon and Laser.

I don't know. It is the only one with a pigtail. Since they cost a lot, I made a conversion harness and went with a 91 TB since seals and the ISC are much easier to get and easier on my pocket.

Thanks for your help. I'll let the guy know, seems to be easier the route. Do you usually salvage yard your extra ones, or do you know a good reputable site to find some on.

I'm considering do the FIAV block off plate on my 91, have you done it on yours?

Yes I have my FIAV screwed all the way in and sealed. As for the salvage yards, they hardly have any DSM stuff here in my neck of the woods, but have found them in the classifieds on here also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back