The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

90 gsx radiator fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesnail

Probationary Member
Mar 24, 2011
southampton, New_Jersey
I need a new radiator fan for my 90 eclipse gsx, with a 20g turbo n waste gate, there isn't much room between the radiator n the turbo n waste gate so I need something thin, I was hoping for suggestions thanks

eBay fans work great too. Put them in a push configuration

If he puts the fans at the engine side a push config would be bad..it would disrupt the airflow that would come from the outside when driving..pull config would be better.
Push is mostly applied when fans are on the outside.

I am using the dorman radiator fan and I think is somewhat thin because it fits my car. I really don't know if we are both talking about the "thinness" that you are looking but I think it will fit your car as well. I bought my radiator fan online but it is not as cheap as the others because I am afraid that if I choose cheaper parts, I might end up buying another one.

If he puts the fans at the engine side a push config would be bad..it would disrupt the airflow that would come from the outside when driving..pull config would be better.
Push is mostly applied when fans are on the outside.

I meant in a push configuration, pushing the air into the radiator and engine compartment. Keeps he fan away from all the heat

thesnail, "n" is not a word. I think what you meant to type was the word "and" in your post. We do have spelling rules here, and we'd all appreciate it if you follow them. Thanks.

Hayden makes a thin fan and you can get them at Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, Napa, etc. They're available in both push and pull configurations. On my radiator (PWR) the one that would be in front of the turbo is in push configuration on the outside of the radiator and the one in front of the intake is in pull configuration. This makes for a lot more room and a cleaner install. Also, I did the VFAQ wire hack on the fuse-box so both fans turn on simultaneously, as well as wiring in an override switch in the cabin so on hotter days or after driving for a while, I can switch the fan on myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back