The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

90 eprom questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
Mckeesport, Pennsylvania
I've come across a 90 eprom and was wondering what to offer the guy if anything? He said the caps are leaking but he has no way of testing it. Should I even bother offering him anything for it? I can replace the caps no problem and I have a set here somewhere but it being a 90 eprom makes it hard to pass on. I'm just worried about the condition of the board under the caps. He sent me a few pics but I can't really tell how bad they are leaking. What do you all think?

When I buy an ECU in question, I always send it to the guys at ECMtuning to get it checked out and have any repairs done. They can test it and fix/socket it while it's down there. They have great rates and I've never paid too much to have even a flooded ECU brought back to life.

I'd get it as cheap as possible. Then you can check it out in person or send it off to get work done. There are a few other places that do good work as well.

I just don't want to pay to much for it and it be completely fried. I've seen them go for anywhere around $300-$400 but they were all tested working or rebuilt already. I really want an eprom though and would love to just get the 90 and not have to deal with swapping it over. What would you offer for it?

That's about what I was thinking. I never know what to offer people who say make me an offer LOL. I always feel like an ass if i low ball them. Thanks for the link to ecmtuning too! They have 90 eproms listed for $225! I was thinking about just going through foreignecurepair.com but thy want $450 for a 90 eprom!!

Attachments

• leaking caps 90 eprom.jpg
    leaking caps 90 eprom.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back