The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

9 second 1g auto drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While your at it you can take the nearly brand new 1g Metro trans I have off my hands. LOL

If I had the budget for it now, I definitely would, Frank! :coy:

I put together some footage from the Shootout. Didn't have the best results but am happy the motor stayed together considering the ballooned converter and previous thrust bearing failure. Going to pull the oil pan next week and see how things held up. Going to put a new crank and converter in it this winter.

[ame=http://youtu.be/CBXVXcHLgMQ]1g drag car- 11secDSM- 2013 DSM shootout compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Took a trip to the track tonight on the hurt motor and ballooned converter and hoped for the best! After the second pass, the converter is tooooooaaaast! BUT the car went a new PB coasting before the 1000'. 5.95 in the 1/8!! 9.50 in the 1/4 coasting.

Converter is completely shot...ran out of gear before the 1000'!! Can't wait for my Bradco to show up!

1274430_10151799795036878_531420631_o.jpg

Nice!! Well, hope you sort it all out soon and get back to making passes.

I ordered up a Bradco converter so I figure it'll be around 6 weeks. Depending on when it shows up, I may be done for the season. We shall see. My main goal was to run 9s this year...which happened way back in March...then I wanted to run 8s and a 5 in the 1/8. Got half way to that goal. I'll call it a good year and make the car better and badder for next season.

No big updates. Took the time to swap in the new crank while I have the trans out waiting for the Bradco converter to arrive. Also did a quick refresh on the trans while it was out since it's a quick job.

A few months back I did a long 3rd gear pull from a really low RPM and saw trans temps skyrocket...I knew I hurt the trans but it held power fine so I wasn't too worried. Here's what I found...whooped end clutch steels! LOL

1268694_10151818430101878_1839654532_o.jpg

Also found a little bit of heat in the Kiggly 5 disc front clutch so I swapped that out for a new set. (also did the rear clutch discs and steels while I had it out)

1277885_10151818451866878_1362362372_o.jpg

The Bradco converter should be back to me in the next week or so...back to the track after that. Can't wait to have a converter that will actually back half!

Can't wait to see what the Bradco does..Any chance of you going to Imports Vs Domestics in Nov, Buds Creek ?

Can't wait to see what the Bradco does..Any chance of you going to Imports Vs Domestics in Nov, Buds Creek ?

I'll be there, but just spectating. That's a race I have to watch and not race in. :hellyeah:

UPDATE:

Trans is refreshed and back together. Debating on whether to throw a new pump in while its out. There is a small groove on the back plate of the pump a few 1/1000s deep from where the ballooned converter road on it. I probably will but am not sure if it would actually matter.

1278956_10151827134976878_588994693_o.jpg

1279062_10151827135186878_898268118_o.jpg

I love this build i really want your or one like it catch can-overflow tank combo you should take and go to jm fab and see if they will make a few

I love this build i really want your or one like it catch can-overflow tank combo you should take and go to jm fab and see if they will make a few

Thanks! They actually did make the one off combo catch can. The problem is, it won't fit in most cars because of the fuse box and headlight motor stuff that's normally there. I'll mention to Jim that there is a good amount of interest in a combo can though and maybe he can think something up.

Still waiting on the converter so I decided to mod the stock pick up before resealing the pan. Hopefully this converter shows up in the next few days.

1266972_10151855989146878_1995616156_o.jpg

The bearings looked good other than the thrust bearing that was wiped out by the ballooned converter. I pretty much did this because of that last oil pump that I had in there that showed some signs of wear....just as a precaution.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back