The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

9 sec pass with stock 1g intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Just thought this was quite interesting. This Mirage runs 9 sec with a stock 1g intake manifold. I don't know if anyone else run 9s with a stock intake manifold but this is surely my first time seeing it done:applause:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-dmWCmWFI34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
That's very impressive! I guess it goes to show you don't need an expensive SMIM to go that fast. He could probably pick up a little time though if he did get one.

Using both the FP HTA68 and HTAGreen, the old English Racing "Little Auto" (now owned by Billy) has run several 9-sec passes and well over a thousand 10.0-10.5s over the last 5 years and has always run the stock 1G intake manifold. Just sayin'. :p

Not to take anything away from the Mirage, of course. Still a great number to run!

Not too sure why this is interesting or even surprising to anyone. The 1G manifold is not a restriction to flow by any means. There is a car that has made 816whp using one, tuned by Biglady.. no less. ;)

The manifold just has an RPM range at which it works best in terms of harmonics. If you will be shifting at 7K or less there is little reason to use anything else.

Not too sure why this is interesting or even surprising to anyone. The 1G manifold is not a restriction to flow by any means. There is a car that has made 816whp using one, tuned by Biglady.. no less. ;)

The manifold just has an RPM range at which it works best in terms of harmonics. If you will be shifting at 7K or less there is little reason to use anything else.

Thanks Wiseman for your insight much appreciated:p oops did i say Wiseman? Only in thy own eyes......:rolleyes:

I know it will be alright though maybe one day kissing the small intestines will get you that wise man status. You doing a fine job my friend if I say so myself;)

Refute any of what was shared, and you will look like less of a clown. ;)

You could just save yourself some time and say "I have no idea how wave-tuning and intake harmonics work, or what determines oil pressure for that matter."

Because that's all most of us are hearing, aside from your handful of nut-riders.

Refute any of what was shared, and you will look like less of a clown. ;)

You could just save yourself some time and say "I have no idea how wave-tuning and intake harmonics work, or what determines oil pressure for that matter."

Because that's all most of us are hearing, aside from your handful of nut-riders.

You can go ahead and burp its okay. ....

Post that dyno video of of 816whp using the 1g intake manifold if you don't mind we like to see it. It has to be on the forum somewhere as the record I have been searching and can't seem to find it.

Another 5 second search, note the URL:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You are just grasping for straws at this point. The words "I was wrong" aren't even a part of your vocabulary, which makes a lot of sense at this point frankly.

Whatever you feel is all the accuracy you need LOL

Nick Sutton's car has run 213.xx mph, legit enough for ya? That you struggle to keep the motor together at much lower power and a small fraction of the distance yet feel qualified to trash talk others is hysterical.

Another 5 second search, note the URL:

You are just grasping for straws at this point. The words "I was wrong" aren't even a part of your vocabulary, which makes a lot of sense at this point frankly.

Whatever you feel is all the accuracy you need LOL

Nick Sutton's car has run 213.xx mph, legit enough for ya? That you struggle to keep the motor together at much lower power and a small fraction of the distance yet feel qualified to trash talk others is hysterical.

No video of the dyno with the 861 and 1g manifold? Lol

Nice edit!

The car did 213+ on the "short course" IIRC with wheel slip at ~4100lbs using the 1G manifold to back it up,..you want to take a stab at how much power that takes? These guys are fairly public about their combo.

I'm not here to jump hoops for you. I could see where this would go above your head though.

Just going to make it one of these situations anyways:

PROSECUTOR
Mr. Chappelle, what would it take to convince you that R. Kelly is guilty?

DAVE CHAPPELLE
Okay, I'd have to see a video of him singing "Pee On You," two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Neal taking notes, and R. Kelly's grandma to confirm his identity.

R. KELLY'S GRANDMA
That's my Robert, always peeing on people.

You go on living in fantasy land where nothing that you don't agree with has occurred.

The car did 213+ on the "short course" IIRC with wheel slip at ~4100lbs using the 1G manifold to back it up,..you want to take a stab at how much power that takes?

I'm not hear to jump hoops for you. I could see where this would go above your head though.

Okay no video I didn't think there existed one. As stated above I searched and couldn't find it what a shame , you almost had me convinced. LolOMG

If you do any research on how an intake manifold works its pretty easy to find out that the stock 1g intake manifold will flow plenty on a flow bench its restriction comes from the longer runners and small plenum which limit it in RPM. I agree with landspeed. The manifold is good if you only plan to rev to 7K (while a SMIM still might net a slight gain).

How Stuff Works

Okay no video I didn't think there existed one. As stated above I searched and couldn't find it what a shame , you almost had me convinced. LolOMG

Pointing out your misunderstandings here is not for your benefit. You don't like to learn anyways.

This is for others who may be searching later.

You are the type to argue with the sky being blue, water being wet, etc. ROFL Fact is the car in question ran 213+ and made 816/569.. all on a 1G Intake Manifold. :thumb:

Shoot Nick an email, ask him. He is in the business of setting speed records not intake manifold records, whatever the f*ck that is. If it doesn't work they don't use it, and pretty does not equal fast.

This is not an argument because that would imply there is merit to the positions of both sides. This is me telling a kid that 2+2=4, the kid going "nuh uh!" and sticking his tongue out.

If you do any research on how an intake manifold works its pretty easy to find out that the stock 1g intake manifold will flow plenty on a flow bench its restriction comes from the longer runners and small plenum which limit it in RPM. I agree with landspeed. The manifold is good if you only plan to rev to 7K (while a SMIM still might net a slight gain).

How Stuff Works

That's not what's disputed. I have never seen a 1g intake manifold make 861hp at any rpm range that's all. Lol

If you watch the video it clearly shows the stock intake manifold and the dyno graph. What more are you looking for exactly?

If you watch the video it clearly shows the stock intake manifold and the dyno graph. What more are you looking for exactly?

The guy can't fathom something he hasn't seen or understand, and when its shown to him has to fight it as a mental defense mechanism.

See previous post:
DAVE CHAPPELLE
Okay, I'd have to see a video of him singing "Pee On You," two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Neal taking notes, and R. Kelly's grandma to confirm his identity.

By making an arbitrary burden of proof.. which was actually met, he can make it easier to defend his cognitive dissonance. Even with it in the original post from that thread he's saying it didn't happen.

This is like the 1.3x 60ft "street tire 16G" BS all over again where you can see it redlight in slo-mo and hi-def.

Facts never stop the faithful. :rolleyes:

Would it be able to if you extrude honed the stock one...i am just asking and not trying to deviate from the actual topic just a question i had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back