The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

9 Second Pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good job with that pass. How much quicker you hoping to get it?

That 9 second pass was my goal on the 16g. That's as fast as it is going with that turbo. The car is already apart and getting ready to go to Mowery Racing for some major chassis work. My next goals are 9.50 and 150.

Mind if I post that pic you sent me Joe? I'll remove it if you don't want it here. I just couldn't help but laugh and the irony that this car just got done running a 9 second 1/4 on a 16g and now it looks like this! Can't wait for pics of the new setup though.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what it looks like right now. In a few hours, it will be even more of a bare shell. This is the kind of thing I love to do! Start from scratch so that everything is where it belongs. After you start changing things, stuff doesn't quite fit anymore making the setup look sloppy. I can't wait untill the cage and paint are done so I can start putting this together.

Joe, Great job looking forward to seeing you this year . What is the first event you will be heading to up this way. Bill

Hey Bill! Thanks for the congrats.

It all depends on how long it takes to get the car completed. I expected to get my 9 second slip a few months ago. I figured I'd have the car done by now and hoped to run at some of the early events. At this point, the car is going to the chassis shop 3/25 and it looks like by the time I get it back, painted, windows and load the motor back in it, the car wont be ready until early June. I really want to make it to New England again and I will definitely be at the Shootout. I'll probably try to make one more event on top of those two. Maybe NHRA/Englishtown in early October.

I hope to get an early start this winter on upgrades and have the car ready for a full season next year. The chassis will be done this year, so I'll have this winter to just upgrade the horsepower!

What was your fastest time before the FP Evo3 16g, exhaust mani and intake swap? What cage are you getting installed, a 25.5?

Amazing to see what project goodwill has turned into.:rocks:

I ran 10.1 @ 140 before the FP 16g, FP manifold and Hawver intake. The extra power from the new parts made it more difficult to get the power down, so It was hard to get that last 1/10th even though I was running 4 mph faster in the 1/4 and 2 mph faster in the 1/8th.

sweet,alot of people these days dont understand how hard and how expensive it is to get a car in the 9s. congrats man.:thumb:

Although I haven't seen it on this forum at all...it really pisses me off when I see people saying that this isn't that impressive.

The hater in me is never impressed by these cars as I have seen a few of them, they are built to the hill, and weigh nothing Race weight is 2240. While a 9 from anything is impressive, and the 16G sounds good realize todays 16G are like what T3's where just a few years ago, turbos have come a long way and so have tuning technology. Its basically sheps car and motor with a 16G thats far from the 16G's most of us run.

i agree..it's like a toy..kinda pointless, but you gotta respect the effort

The site will remain anonymous where I pulled this from...but come on people...So it is a "full race car" thats what it was built for...if you don't think its impressive you try to do it...

Sorry for the rant :mad:

Anyways its very impressive Joe and I hope you continue to make great strides and continue setting records in the dsm community.

I try not to let comments like that bother me, but they do sometimes. I saw that comment where it was posted. What can I do about it, right?

I thought I was past the people saying "Ya, but it's a gutted tin can!" but I can see I'm not. "Gutted" sounds to me like I spent 2 hours unbolting everything I could and threw it in my yard. Then I threw a 16g that I found in the dirt on there and ran a 9. I'm not sure I need to say this, but... There is more to it than that. I've put a LOT of work into this car making it a race car. A race Chassis with years of work into it. I'm not sure what it takes for some to take my car seriously. It's not a "Toy" or some novelty car built from tin and balsa solely to break records. It's a car I built to go fast.

Don't take shit like that to heart. No matter what you do there will always be haters. Shep's a good example of that...people constantly find something negative to say about his achievements. Just feed off of it instead...they're just jealous they didn't do it first.

Don't take shit like that to heart. No matter what you do there will always be haters. Shep a good example of that...people constantly find something negative to say about his achievements. Just feed off of it instead...they're just jealous they didn't do it first.

Good word! :thumb:

Wow, what a load of ignorant BS. Somebody PM me the link to that thread- I want to go read the whole thing and see if the people there are worth educating or are just too stupid to bother with.

Joe,

I just wanted to let you know its because of guys like you, Jerry, Mike, Rob, Tom and all those guys from TBDSM that made we want to get into the scene. That and the fact that I was out with Chris every weekend back in the day...

School and work have kept me from being able to put the time in to my car like I want to, but its guys like you that make me so excited to get the time to really pour time and effort into my setup. Dont let the haters get to you, cause in the end, they have not had the passion for the sport like you have.

I just want to say thank you from the DSM community, as many others will surely agree.

TJ
:thumb:

Joe,

I just wanted to let you know its because of guys like you, Jerry, Mike, Rob, Tom and all those guys from TBDSM that made we want to get into the scene. That and the fact that I was out with Chris every weekend back in the day...

School and work have kept me from being able to put the time in to my car like I want to, but its guys like you that make me so excited to get the time to really pour time and effort into my setup. Dont let the haters get to you, cause in the end, they have not had the passion for the sport like you have.

I just want to say thank you from the DSM community, as many others will surely agree.

TJ
:thumb:
:thumb: :thumb: :talon:

Joe do not get upset about comments like that, you have done a great job with your car. Takes alot of work to accomblish what you have. You have all my support and respect. Been there, Bill SHOWDOWN MOTORSPORTS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back