The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

6 Bolt Swap Cam Sensor Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gomes

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2012
Brantford, ON_Canada
I just recently installed a 6 bolt into my 2G and I am not a fan of buying things I can make. So here's a few picks how I did my cam sensor with no wire cutting or no buying a harness just simply made both cam angle sensor and crank sensor all into 1 plug.

All you will need is

Tool to de pin connectors
(I ground down the smallest Allen key I could find so it was flat like a screw driver and then ground it like a wedge).. Need a write up? :)
Spare plug that fits into Cam Angle Sensor

So first you need to locate the cam angle sensor and remove all the wires which should be a oval shaped plug with an orange rubber seal inside.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151528370-post11.html

Black - Ground
Red - Power
Blue w/ Red Stripe - Cam Signal to ECU

Depin those 3
connect the black to black on the 1G CAS
connect red to red on the 1G CAS
connect blue w/ red stripe to the white wire on the 1G CAS

Now locate Crank Angle Sensor plug which should be a triangle shaped plug with green inside

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151542263-post35.html

Black - Ground : Not Used
Red - Power : Not Used
Blue w/ White Stripe - Crank Signal to ECU

Depin blue w/ white stripe & connect to yellow wire on 1G CAS
Power & Ground are not used leave in plug tape up or remove. I suggest not to remove as you might need it down the road.

When done correctly your final plug should match this. Although at first it doesn't look like it will match up. Just have to think how it would be when plugged in.

I would like to thank snowboarder714 for the connection write up saved me a lot of headache.
Thanks & Good Luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 549
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back