The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 2gNT BISS screw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello. i have a 98 rs with a 420A and i have been looking for the BISS for a while and cant find it, I have looked all over the site, and internet, i have taken out the throttle body and i still cant find it. Here is a pic of my throttle body. link to the pic
My toys :: IMG_20100816_193821.jpg picture by navihawk1 - Photobucket

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It appears it's not in the normal turbo spot. Check around the shaft arm for the throttle cable. There may be an adjustment screw.

We don't have a Biss screw. Idle is set off the IAC and readings to the computer.

So what is the problem with your idle?

MB

Solution
Ah i was wondering and thinking that i didnt have one, i couldnt find it anywhere online, and even the haines manual didnt mention it. It used to barely idle, and would stall, i put a new ISC motor and now idles better, but when im driving and let off the gas, it stays at 2000 rpm until the car stops then drops down to bout 800-1000. If the car is cold like in the mornings when i first turn it on it idles perfect, but when it heats up or on hot days, it starts acting bad, it wants to turn off, but it doesnt, lowest it goes is problably round 700. and it feels very rough, also sometimes it sounds like an rx7 rotary engine, like pra, pra,pra, but not always.

Most common culprit of idle problems can be traced back to vacuum leaks, TPS, IAC or possibly air in your cooling system.

I have replaced the tps,iac motor,camshaft sensor,o2 sensor. When the car is cold like in the morning its fine, it idles good when i turn it on, but in the afternoon when its hot it idles very very low, and now today it started to stall some, when i turn it on, if i dont give it gas it turns off, when i drive it and put it in neutral it does the slow idle, but it doesnt turn off, just very low idle and very rough idle, the car shakes.

:hmm: the same thing happen to me ( but after a rebuild ) with all new sensors, so i figured it had to be a vacuum leak! i check all the lines and nothing. so i swap the ECU and it still didn't help... but i just learned to deal with it until i can diagnose the problem, and a bout a week later it just stop and idle fine. and i never had a problem Since!
Or maybe it was because i replaced my coil and spark plug wires :idontknow:

I have replaced the tps,iac motor,camshaft sensor,o2 sensor.

I really recommend that you actually test these things before just replacing them, otherwise chances are you are blowing money out your ass. When is the last time you replaced your fuel filter? They are recommended to be changed every 60k, starving for fuel could be a problem. Also did you check your coolant for air? Try burping your cooling system.

i did test them all following the haynes repair manual, and some were bad from the engine codes that i got at the autoparts. I have not checked for air in the cooling system, prob something wrong with a coolant sensor, i got engine code for bad thermostat. have not replaced that yet. The car first had this problem when i i bought it, then i put a new cam position sensor and after that it would start up right away. Its just strange that the car stays accelerated until i come to a complete stop then it stays at bout 1000 and sometimes lower, even down to 500 sometimes, it had been running fine for bout 3 weeks now. I have not replaced fuel filter, pump, injectors, ignition wires yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back