The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was the total cost of this conversion? (headlights, painting, bumper, etc.)

The bumper was only $120 shipped on eBay, from a store called Pershing auto.

Lights were ~$140 shipped, and the bulbs they come with aren't bad.

I had the bumper painted by a shop, and the trim added .4 hours of labor, so I think painting was ~$150-200. I'm guessing though, because I had him do a bunch of other work on my car, so the bill included more than just the bumper....

Then just a few hours out of a day to put it on myself.

what would a matching gray emblem look like ?

nice, thanks do you put it over the reg one? and is it like a sticker?

I removed my stock red one and yes it has an adhesive backing for you to stick it on to the bumper. It's been holding pretty good now for a couple of years.

what was the exact name of the headlights you bought? I see things like halo projectors and chrome halo projectors, etc. Which were yours? I tries searching for Pershing Auto on ebay but nothing came up...

what was the exact name of the headlights you bought? I see things like halo projectors and chrome halo projectors, etc. Which were yours? I tries searching for Pershing Auto on ebay but nothing came up...

Bumper from Pershing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...tegoryZ33640QQihZ014QQitemZ330060480705QQrdZ1

These are the headlights that the original poster has:
Just do a search on ebay for "eclipse projectors" and pick a seller that you're comfortable with.

Attachments

• 97_eclipse_pro_bk_yd.jpg
    97_eclipse_pro_bk_yd.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 276
I removed my stock red one and yes it has an adhesive backing for you to stick it on to the bumper. It's been holding pretty good now for a couple of years.

thanks thats what i thought, but last night i was looking at my stock red one and i wasnt able to take it off do you scratch it off or what? im afraid to actually scratch the car or something

Just try to pry up one part of the sticker and then just pull the rest off. Even if you did scratch the bumper, you're just putting another emblem over that right??

Just be ready with some Goo Gone or something to get the sticky stuff off the bumper. Took me several minutes to get it clean when I took the red one off my old bumper.

Tobuk, what´s happened with your headlights projection?, i´m waiting you, greetings

Tobuk, what´s happened with your headlights projection?, i´m waiting you, greetings

Oh crap, I forgot. :|

When I get home from work tonight I'll take pictures. That'll be about 2am, so check in the morning, :D

ah great, just my luck.

The night I remember to go take a few pictures, the batteries in my Canon die 5 seconds after I turn it on. I'm off work at 8 tonight (Friday), so I'll have them up sometime tonight when the batteries are charged.

My Apologies

That mouth looks like its like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH like its tryin out for a part in Braveheart II...

God that car looks SIIIIIIICK

Attachments

• dsm43qf.jpg
    dsm43qf.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 251
ah great, just my luck.

The night I remember to go take a few pictures, the batteries in my Canon die 5 seconds after I turn it on. I'm off work at 8 tonight (Friday), so I'll have them up sometime tonight when the batteries are charged.

My Apologies

OK!, no problem, i have no hurry... :thumb:

Okay, finally. Here's a picture of the lights when I'm close to a car, like at a stop light or something. Yeah, they are a tad low I know, but they are leveled with eachother.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And the total line as I see it from inside the car. You'll notice the drop that comes from the left projector. Not quite as clean and smoothed out like high end HID projectors, but at least it helps get the light out of the eyes of oncoming traffic.

Also, the hill I'm pointing at is just within the "focal point" of the two lights. If you look closely you'll see where the light from the Left side starts to fade and where the light from the Right side starts in. I have that focal point lined in on where the light beams eventually hit the ground so it looks clean.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pics for reference.

Attachments

• 32916front.jpg
    32916front.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 248
  • front6.jpg
    front6.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 200
HELP!!!! .... Okay I have a 97-99 bumper installed with the correct headlights and all but right below my headlights the bumper kinda dents in on both sides and at the bottom of the big opening in the bumper where my fmic will soon be the bumper sags down as if it was flexing or soemthing. Can someone please tell me why this is and How can i fix it? Thanks!?./

if you can post pictures of what you speak, might be able to help.

I have the same saggyness under the headlights... I also have a 1" gap on the inside of one headlight (passenger)
.... I have the same headlights as you, maybe its an ebay thing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back