The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oosoosloo

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2002
PortageMI
I'm in a process of doing a conversion on my 95 front facia to a 97 and up front facia. when doing this conversion do I to replace my headlight and hood with a 97 and up also?

I was thinking of going from my stock 95-96 front to a stock 97-99 front.

Headlights, bumper, clear corners, fog lights, RM lip spoiler, everything. But I wanted to make sure that the stock 97-99 fogs would use the same wiring as the 95-96 ones. Also, any experience with projector headlights? Ive seen them range anywhere from 175-400 bucks. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

***Also, if you happen to be selling a stock fron (black) let me know.***

thanks, i found some guy selling the entire stock kit (front, rear, sides, reverse lights) for 250. I should be getting it if he can hook it up with pics.

something is wrong if you're getting projections for 300-400

i have them....can't see $h!t in at night with them.

i'd either get the OE headlights OR look at the projection gen. 2
they look sweet

ok thanks, hey i didnt know so i figured id ask. has anyone removed the amber lens on the stock lights? if so, does it still look good?

one more thing

do the stock 97-99 side skirts fit directly onto my 95? mine are junked and i want new ones. anyone?

Dont remove the amber lense on the headlights. I'll let you know right now. I did that on my car and sure enough one month later during inspection time the bastards caught it, and called me out on it. I had to completely redo the process backwards and reinstall the amber part. If it wasnt illegal it'd be a good idea.

i dont have to get my car inspected unless i sell it, and even then i dont have to. that sucks though.

Originally posted by Blk95gs
ok thanks, hey i didnt know so i figured id ask. has anyone removed the amber lens on the stock lights? if so, does it still look good?

Yes, and it looks awesome. Not too hard to do, either. Don't mess with the projectors, just do this:

http://www.auburn.edu/~fauchpj/headlight.htm

This and some Mother's Mag/Aluminum polish will net you a hot set of headlights for about $5.00. Just replace the turn bulb with an amber bulb, and you should be fine. And you can still see!

I have a 95 eclipse RS and I am looking for 97-99 body conversion where can I get one?? and if I bought a 97-99 would the body shop have to shave the bumper to fit along with rear bumper and side skirts to fit...I need help..plz..thankz

Originally posted by Lethal GST
straight swap, you just need 97+ headlights.

so if if bought a front and rear bumper and side skits and headlights for 97-99 it should all bolt on or would there be some shaving to bumper?

Originally posted by greyforestgst
shaving for the bumper to fit your 2ga headlights

and you wouldnt have backup lights. not sure why youd want to do the rear or sides; they look only marginally better on the 2gb.

hmm what do you mean I wouldn't have Reverse lights?!?! sorry I am kinda a newbie to my car I know some things about it..not to sure about your abbr..sorry i think they mean 2ga is 2nd gen 95-96 and 2gb means 2nd gen 97-99 right?? hmm well anyways I don't like my back bumper that much and I want it to look like a 97-99 eclipse..so I would have to have a body shop shave the front bumper so the headlights will fit..so the Rear and sides should fit on?!?...thankz for the help

or I might trash the whole Idea and get APC headlights for a 95-99 and get a blitz kit for my which I think may be a better choice to do with my money...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back