The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know who sells this bumper? It looks like a stock 2G bumper but it doesn't have holes for the fog lights - perfect for the SSAC kit people...

'solo92s10' has it.

Here are some pics...

EDIT: Got a PM from the person who has this bumper, it is fiberglassed to fill the fog light holes. Sexy as hell, I love it! :)

Attachments

• Talon12.jpg
    Talon12.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 234
  • TalonFront2.jpg
    TalonFront2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 234
  • TalonMain2.jpg
    TalonMain2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 237
That's nice, not only does it not have the foglight holes, it doesnt have the triangle indentation for the emblem.

The ebay ones are very nice, like OEM quality. They shipped it just wrapped up and a few reinforcements ont he inside to keep it from bending too much, but when I recieved it, it held up from shipping from the other side of the USA. For $100 shipped who can't afford to do the front conversion. Although it does have the indentation for the emblem and foglight holes.

Perhaps they did some custom job to that bumper above.

Hey Everyone,

So I need to get a new front bumper for my 96 eclipse and in the hope's of getting rid of my "smilie" bumper I was going to get a 2gb bumper. I have read plenty on the site that it will be a direct bolt up and I need to get the 2gb headlights as my longer 96's will not fit. Since I will be replacing the headlights with the bumper that isn't a problem.

The question I have is about the 2gb fog lights. I already know that the connector fron the 2ga will not fit the new 2gb fog lights and I plan to work around that. But I am thinking as far as mounting. I have seen auctions on ebay for just the lights but it looks like I need a bezel to fit them in. I have also found what I think is the complete assembly here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120174818466&rd=1

I was hoping someone could confirm that is everything I would need to put the fog lights into a 2gb bumper. Since I have never seen the innards of a 2gb bumper I am unsure.

thanks

Sure looks like it will fit, but unless you find someone with them. You never really know. But if you buy them let us know if they fit or not.

Thanks but I would rather not spend $100 + on OEM foglights only to find out they don't work. Maybe I can find someone on here that will sell the what is known to be the full assembly.

That kit you found on eBay with fit a 2Gb bumper. You may need a screw to bolt them on to the 2Gb bumper. As for connectors, cut them and directly hook up the wires.

I hope you don't plan on upgrading to an XS/SSAC FMIC, because if you do, the fog lights will have to be removed.

I hope you don't plan on upgrading to an XS/SSAC FMIC, because if you do, the fog lights will have to be removed.

Down the road I will be doing a nice big FMIC, but that will be when I can retire the car from my daily driver, rebuild the engine and I will probably do some kind of body kit before I am done.

As for the connectors I was thinking of lopping off the connectors from my old 2ga lights and wiring them up to the new lights with shrink tubing

well in my friends and my opinion the fogs like like s**t... Stock fogs are much much better...

But to each their own. If you like them go ahead.
Good luck with the fogs.

Yeah they really look like shit to me (I'm the friend). They just look like some cheap chinese piece of shit, I can't even imagine how bad the light projection would be. And I also hate the fact that they bolt on to the bezels and then to the bumper. Stock fogs are better, can be had for less then the $99 with bezels and bolts on to the radiator support for a sturdy fitment. I say go with stockers. :thumb:

Down the road I will be doing a nice big FMIC, but that will be when I can retire the car from my daily driver, rebuild the engine and I will probably do some kind of body kit before I am done.

As for the connectors I was thinking of lopping off the connectors from my old 2ga lights and wiring them up to the new lights with shrink tubing

ETS, Greddy and Apexi' makes FMIC's that let you retain the stock fogs. Most people on here would definitely recommend the ETS kit over the other two. Wiring should be cake, like you said just use connectors and shrink tubing and you should be all set.

Yeah they really look like shit to me (I'm the friend). They just look like some cheap chinese piece of shit, I can't even imagine how bad the light projection would be. And I also hate the fact that they bolt on to the bezels and then to the bumper. Stock fogs are better, can be had for less then the $99 with bezels and bolts on to the radiator support for a sturdy fitment. I say go with stockers. :thumb:

Awesome guys this is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking at the fogs on auction b/c I thought that was exactly like the stock ones. It sounds like you are saying that the stock ones bolt on to the radoator instead of the bumper (bumper :notgood: IMO)

So if the 2gb stock fogs bolt to the radiator, any idea if the same radiator mount is on a 2ga car like mine? I know the bumper itself is a direct bolt on to a 2ga car but now I am wondering if the fogs are too.

BoostedinSoFla --
Where can I get stock 2gb fogs for <$99?

Awesome guys this is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking at the fogs on auction b/c I thought that was exactly like the stock ones. It sounds like you are saying that the stock ones bolt on to the radoator instead of the bumper (bumper :notgood: IMO)

So if the 2gb stock fogs bolt to the radiator, any idea if the same radiator mount is on a 2ga car like mine? I know the bumper itself is a direct bolt on to a 2ga car but now I am wondering if the fogs are too.

The stock fog lights bolt on to the radiator support frame, not the actual radiator, with bolts. Your 2Ga has those holes, so the mounting will be easy.

The one on ebay just bolts on to the bezels, so the only thing holding the fog light is the bezel and the bumper cover.

Thanks all I will have to check the classifieds for the bezels

Dude, those fog lights rock! I've been looking for some aftermarket Fogs for my 2gb since I really hate my OEM Fogs. Hell yeah! Even tho they kinda get in the way of a bumper mod I was going to do... I like them alot!

BTW, Ebay does sell Brand new OEM Fogs for our cars. I've almost thought of getting them because there aren't any fog light rebuild kits out there and mine are cracked and aren't as crisp as they were new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back