The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks great, really like the gray trim.
When you go with your FMIC, you might want just remove that middle top portion-it's easy to cut out and looks good with it filled up with intercooler.

Sweeet. Looks nice. Me, I would have painted the middle top portion of the opening black.

I thought about doing that but decided not to because of the gray trim. I didn't think the black and gray would look as good as all white the the gray.

I'll see how the black fog light bezels look here in a while.... I might end up painting those gray too, or maybe white. I just don't think I'll want gray, black, and white all on my bumper at the same time.

I'm glad you went ahead and did after you had that poll/thread. Great work man.:thumb: Now it has that GreyforetsGST look to it.

Btw you mind getting some daytime pics?

Attachments

• 2gbnew3.jpg
    2gbnew3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 700
  • dsm43qf.jpg
    dsm43qf.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 708
As promised, some day time pictures. Sorry they are late. I would have posted this at 11am, but the site was down for me most of the day... But! Here are a few day time shots.

If you look closely you can see how the bumper isn't quite on 100% right. there are still some weird curves going on near the fenders, and I need to tweak it a bit more to help get rid of the bumper/hood gap. But hey, for Ebay lights and a $120 (shipped) ebay bumper, I think the fitment is pretty damn good.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice pics. Now all you need is a FMIC, fog lights and fog light bezels and you're all set.

Edit: And a Mitsu Emblem for the triangle indentation on the front of the bumper.:thumb:

Nice pics. Now all you need is a FMIC, fog lights and fog light bezels and you're all set.

Edit: And a Mitsu Emblem for the triangle indentation on the front of the bumper.:thumb:

*wishes for money to get FMIC* (Need to do my suspension first...)

Fog lights coming soon once I can meet up with Don. When I get them though, I'll have to see if I want to leave them black, get them painted white with the bumper, or gray like the trim. At this point I'm leaning towards making them white, but I'll ask for some photoshops after I get them to see what looks best.

As for a mitsu emblem, I don't know if I should get a Red one again, or a black one (aka paint one black), or to get a chrome like one.... hmm....

When I had my bumper put on I had them fill that little triangle area and paint over it.

i remember when i had my first few 2gb's i hated on the grey strip on the bottom of the 2Ga's but now that i have one it has grown on me big time and i like it.

Yeah, the same kind of thing happened to me. I never disliked the trim but I've liked it more and more since I first bought it.

Hello, i´m thinking to buy the headlights similar to tobuk, but i would like see how is the projection of the light (just like in a wall, for example), because i have xenon kit and i need see if it could dazzling...thanks a lot for anybody who can help me.

Hello, i´m thinking to buy the headlights similar to tobuk, but i would like see how is the projection of the light (just like in a wall, for example), because i have xenon kit and i need see if it could dazzling...thanks a lot for anybody who can help me.

Hey, if someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'll have pictures for you tonight. The cut off is pretty good, but I'm still perfecting the alignment on them.

Just thought I'd post up now that I did my front end conversion. It really was not that hard to do, it just took time. Removing the old bumper was just as simple as removing bolts and plastic clips/screws. I removed the entire bumper before doing the headlights, so they were easy to do. Bolted up the new lights first to make sure they were nice and snug. Putting the new bumper on is what took the most time, partially because I was going really slow so I didn't scratch it or something. The initial fit on is a bit tricky, so if you can I would recommend having at least one other person help. 2 of my friends were over hanging out so it was easy for me. One person guided each side, and the third person guided the middle on. It pretty much just rests in place on it's own and you begin bolting it all back together.

Just be sure you keep good track of what bolts go where, :) I didn't and I have about 4 bolts left over that I don't know what to do with. (one of these days I'll go dig around under there and find the spots I missed...)

The 95-96 center "air dam" for the radiator fits like a glove on the 97-99 bumper AFTER you remove the bottom metal liner of the bumper (helps make the bottom stiffer). Once you remove that, then the air dam slides right into that bottom sliver of the 97-99 bumper and holds really steady. I really was glad to see this because that air dam fills up the center hole nicely, so the car looks like this

NOT this, :)

As for the bumper I bought, I also went with Pershing Auto's bumper. It's a good bumper, my only complaint is that it took forever for them to ship it. Fitment is near flawless... and I think the few flaws I still have are my fault, not the bumper's. And from the looks of it, the 97-99 bumper does sit a tad lower than the 95-96 although not by much. Just be aware of that.

Happy conversions! :dsm:

That looks really good with the stripe. Btw, whos red 2g is that and where can i get the foglight covers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back