The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YEah, if your bumper frame is damaged... If the metal framing is in good condition, the bumper doesn't move much if any...

Only problem, I was thinking of shaving the fog hole, and installing stock looking if not my stock fogs inside the side vent...

Most cars have the fogs mounted to the front bumper... mainly high end cars.

Here are the C class

Attachments

• 79f5_1.jpg
    79f5_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 297
It all depends on how sturdy the bumper is... if its just barely strapped on and the frame is not on or damaged... there could be issues with them bouncing up and down, or one pointing up into peoples eyes... But if you get a new bumper from Ebay or something, shouldn't have a problem.

I am about to start collecting pieces to do the complete 2gb conversion to my '96 Tsi and I am wondering if anyone out there could throw me an estimate of cost for painting the following:

These are obviously all 2gb pieces:
-Front and Rear Bumper covers
-side skirts with door and fender caps
-center tail light piece
-high spoiler

Now, I think I have everything that will be painted covered there and I have searched but to no avail on these specifics. I also went to one of my local paint shops and they couldn't give me an estimate without actually seeing the parts. So, if anyone here can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You -Jeremy

so its a 2gb eclipse conversion. just to let you know you should check out nyccdsm.com someone on there is selling a whole conversion including the headlights that youll need. but if its a sgb talon which i dont think is what you doing someones also sellign the rear 2gb bumper and since your in ny i thought that might help good luck.

Thanks for that look out there for the 2gb parts, I will be checking that. Also I guess I should have pointed out that yes it would be a complete 2gb Eclipse conversion. Thanks all!!

Sorry again guys, I gotta learn how to read closer. I will be painting just the Eclipse 2gb parts at a professional paint shop with stock paint or something to match the paint as it may have faded a little bit. Thanks Again!!

Not sure about all the pieces but I've been quoted $400 for painting the front bumper only by a professional. Luckily, I met an apprenticing painter to be who wanted practice before becoming a full fledged painter and he did it for me with the pro tools (HVLP sprayer, booth, lamps) and I offered him $200 cash, and I saved a pretty penny. Hope to get my rear bumper and skirt done soon too.

ps He did a wicked job, plus he asked a real pro to do the clear coat so its perfect.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a 97-99 eclpse with oem bumpers and blitz sideskirts, or if anyone has seen this. the reason i'm wondering is because i am gonna pick up a black 95 gsx with a blitz bodykit, and im gonna convert it to a 97-99 look. But the thing is, im not sure if i should bother switching the sideskirts or not. So i was wondering if it would look ok with oem bumpers and a blitz sides, or not let me know.:thumb:

Is there a diffrence when changing the 95-96 body to a 97-99 look diffrent side by side i mean the 97-99 look more round is this just becuase of the bumper

I know this is a dumb question but does anyone have side by side pics of a 95-96 with 2gb conversion and a true 97-99

They are exactly the same minus the Front bumper, rear bumper, and head lights.

No difference AT ALL.

If you were to measure the cars they would have identical measurements.

Is there a diffrence when changing the 95-96 body to a 97-99 look diffrent side by side i mean the 97-99 look more round is this just becuase of the bumper

I know this is a dumb question but does anyone have side by side pics of a 95-96 with 2gb conversion and a true 97-99

It's the same car with different bumpers and lights.

Like 1gA vs 1gB

The info is everywhere there really isn't a reason to ask this.

so, if you have the 97-99 bumper AND headlights, it will just bolt right in? cause i want to replace the headlights and front bumper of my 95 talon with those of my 98 parts talon. i am also going to swap the rear bumpers.

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 314
so, if you have the 97-99 bumper AND headlights, it will just bolt right in? cause i want to replace the headlights and front bumper of my 95 talon with those of my 98 parts talon. i am also going to swap the rear bumpers.

Yes sir. Head lights, fog lights, and bumper and you're good to go.

The foam bumper support should work and the lower bracket might not and if it dont its really not needed. I have a 2gb and i dont have that lower bracket on mine. But one thing i notice about the foam support is its still attached to your bumper. You may have to put it back on the car then put your bumper on because from looking at mine it doesnt have away to attach the bumper support to it. But mines not an original mitsubishi front bumper either

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back