The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g Pistons PTW and Ring End Gap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspekt9

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2005
Boston, Massachusetts
I'm rebuilding the 6-bolt for my 1g and I'm going with 2g pistons, 1g rods. The car is going to be a daily driver and I'm looking to run 20psi daily and up to 30 at the track. The rings are Hastings Piston Rings (I ordered the combo from DSM Graveyard). What piston-to-wall clearance and rind end gaps should I be running?

hey I am looking for the same info.... hopefully some one can help!

Well, I called DSM Graveyard and they weren't really 100% sure. I'd imagine I would just run the stock 2g PTW clearance since they're cast iron and don't really expand like Aftermarket pistons do, does that make sense? What's stock 2g PTW? .0012 - .0020?

with it being turbo I would look for .002-.0025 on the P2W and about .020-.022 on the top ring and .022-.024 on the 2nd ring

but that is me, I tend to build my engines a tad loose, and live every so often with a cold morn rattle or a wisp of blue smoke now n then but they tend to live.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back