The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G ***NEW PRODUCT*** Quaife rack and pinion AKA Quickrack, W/Optional EPS kits (CLOSED)

randman2011

Proven Member
Feb 26, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
I have had mine installed for a few months now. I opted for Brandon to shave the ports and used one of his cores. I also opted for the electric power steering. Everything works flawless and feels great.
I VERY much regret not opting for the EPS setup upfront. I have a Toyota column and controller but still haven't found someone to weld it together for me. I guess for sake of full disclosure I also had one of his cores shaved. Steering is great except for parking lots and alleys on my summer rubber.

josh408

Proven Member
Jan 29, 2011
Bay Area, California
Any updates @josh408 ? Anyone else get theirs on and using it? I haven't gotten mine on yet so might be a little worried now
He inspected mine he said the preload needed to be tighter, the looseness caused the shaft to pivot and contact the housing which is what caused the stiffness the entire time. Only possibility he could think of that caused it was the spring settled from his hands to install. He reset everything and should be shipping back to me today. I'll update after I get it back on a test drive.

Jerzm3

Supporting VIP
Jan 18, 2015
mount holly, New_Jersey
Nice!! with the electric, once power is applied, super smoooth. I opted for it because I had shoulder surgery years again and need to get it again, so I thought I would be nice to my shoulder since I keep putting off surgery! LOL

95REGF150

Proven Member
Mar 7, 2012
Elk Grove, California
Nice!! with the electric, once power is applied, super smoooth. I opted for it because I had shoulder surgery years again and need to get it again, so I thought I would be nice to my shoulder since I keep putting off surgery! LOL
Where did you get your EPS setup from?

I've also had mine installed since right after we got them. No issues. I sent in the core for mine. Gotta agree with the other comments, the best feedback you can get and even without the EPS driving is not bad at all unless completely stopped.

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Mines ok but it was built by Quaife so i think Josh's was a random fluke his got loose after being done up.

I just got done with my EPS also as trying to turn 275 or 295 tires is not very easy with no assistance!!! i can turn it while moving but not easily this wide so i had no choice but to go this route

Jerzm3

Supporting VIP
Jan 18, 2015
mount holly, New_Jersey
Where did you get your EPS setup from?

I've also had mine installed since right after we got them. No issues. I sent in the core for mine. Gotta agree with the other comments, the best feedback you can get and even without the EPS driving is not bad at all unless completely stopped.
I had my EPS setup done by Mr. Cole whole was referred to in the original deal.

Jerzm3

Supporting VIP
Jan 18, 2015
mount holly, New_Jersey
Can you give some feedback on your EPS unit by Mr.Cole? Is it rpm controlled? Does it shut off after you're already moving or stay on a suck power the entire time?
I believe it is just powered all the time. Only 3 wires were hooked up, 12V Power, ground and 12V Ignition.

josh408

Proven Member
Jan 29, 2011
Bay Area, California
I received the rack back from Brandon and on the bench feels more solid, I went to install it and I will say the feel of it from the steering wheel while on stands is more stiff since he adjusted to preload tighter. Just eye balled my toe and jump started the car and drove it around the block and it doesn't feel like I'm hitting a dead stop in the middle of a turn. It does feel difficult to turn at low speeds like <15mph but still need to test drive outside of where I live after I fully charge my battery this week since I had left the door cracked open one night like a genius. Already had the car decide to stall out but thankfully enough I was going down a steep hill to pop the clutch and get it started again. Will update later this week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds