1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2g MAF or Dump Tube?

Posted by Kyogie12, Dec 16, 2010

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Kyogie12

Kyogie12 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    So on my 1g GSX that i just picked up the BOV (greddy) is venting to the atmo :ohdamn: and the car is idling high. I'm wondering if putting a dump tube on to the intake will fix this? Or should i just invest in a 2g MAF anyhow since i'm running a 16g turbo with 550 injectors?

2. rich3389

rich3389 Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2006
    Ocean springs, Mississippi
    You should be putting a recirc tube on any mitsu maf.

817  10

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 19, 2008
    Anywhere, Pennsylvania
    You'll still have the same problems even with the 2g maf until you recirculate your BOV.

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. kimcheefists

kimcheefists Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Putting a dump tube won't fix you're high idling. I'd first check for vacuum leaks. BTW, you still need to put that dump tube on though.

5. Kyogie12

Kyogie12 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    Hmmmm, then what's causing my high idle? All the vacuum nipples on the intake mani are capped off, could that have anything to do with it?

6. doubleclutch99

doubleclutch99 Proven Member

Joined Jun 7, 2009
    nowhere, Michigan
    do a boost leak test first. to eliminate vaccum and boost leaks.

7. thomcasey

thomcasey Proven Member

Joined Dec 16, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Go with the 2gMAF for the bigger turbo and injectors, AND recirculate the BOV.

Street Build 129  2

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4
  8. Kyogie12

Kyogie12 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    Ya i'm gonna go buy a tube tomorrow, i tried using radiator hosing but the angles are really weird because of the hardened piping the guy fabricated.

The other thing is i was driving the car today and if i put my foot down around 4-5k rpm it'll start to stutter like a fuel cut? Thoughts about that

9. tazndrew04

tazndrew04 Proven Member

Joined Sep 3, 2009
    Omaha, Nebraska
    go to home depot or lowes and get some flex tube, thats what i had to do to recirculate my bov. As for the studdering could be because your not getting enough fuel upgrade injectors

471  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. Kyogie12

Kyogie12 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2010
    Boulder, Colorado
    I thought the guy had 560 injectors and a 255fp, i'm gonna have to take a look when it's warmer out (damn colorado weather...) but if they're stock that makes sense. At least it has a fuel pressure reg....haha