The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2g floods on start up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
fully stock 2g dsm with v3 full in it so i can figure out the problem,

problem cold or hot starts in open loop for 10-15 seconds then switches to closed loop, idk if its suppose to do this please help here is my logs,

please someone help, nothing out there is working. ivve checked it all!

if i pull the terminal off the battery to reset the ecu the car runs and drives fine.

if i DONT pull the terminal the car will over fuel even with the stock ecu, but once to opt. temp the car runs and drives strong!

this makes no sense!

Attachments

• cold start.elg
    448.2 KB · Views: 48
  • hot start.elg
    29 KB · Views: 43
On my phone so I can't view the logs, but are your mods current? What fuel pump, injectors, fpr etc?

Sounds like injector scaling, or possibly bad o2 feedback, maybe the ecu needs to be repaired. Was ecmlink purchased new and ecu checked by them or added on by you or someone local?

I dont see a fuel tab in your log, which is odd. Your cold start cranking adjust should be fine (looks stock).

One thing to do would be to go and watch all the ECMLink videos and get your idle dialed in. Currently you are a little off. It might help with the situation. At least it will help your idle out.

Videos: http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos.php

On my phone so I can't view the logs, but are your mods current? What fuel pump, injectors, fpr etc?

Sounds like injector scaling, or possibly bad o2 feedback, maybe the ecu needs to be repaired. Was ecmlink purchased new and ecu checked by them or added on by you or someone local?

well like my post said fully stock 2g dsm. and ecmlink did the work.

I dont see a fuel tab in your log, which is odd. Your cold start cranking adjust should be fine (looks stock).

One thing to do would be to go and watch all the ECMLink videos and get your idle dialed in. Currently you are a little off. It might help with the situation. At least it will help your idle out.

Videos: http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos.php

ive all ready watched it and did that, the car is stock there should be no reason to dial in the idle. only the isc and tps should be adjusted. am i missing something? i did the BLT and no leaks but i have a strong fuel smell? could it be a leak in the charcoal canister? causing extra air to enter thats not being registered?

Why would you not dial in what you are actually seeing? stock doesn't mean perfect. It will help with driveability.

You could try a vacuum leak test, but sounds unlikely. unmetered air would make it run lean, the computer would then compensate by increasing fuel trims, but you shouldn't have excessive fuel. Does it run poorly or just smells bad?

If i had to guess, pulling the terminal resets your fuel trims. based on your log the car is adding a bit of fuel:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

IF the car was dialed in, you would be able to pick out if this just started or if it ran this way forever.

Why would you not dial in what you are actually seeing? stock doesn't mean perfect. It will help with driveability.

You could try a vacuum leak test, but sounds unlikely. unmetered air would make it run lean, the computer would then compensate by increasing fuel trims, but you shouldn't have excessive fuel. Does it run poorly or just smells bad?

If i had to guess, pulling the terminal resets your fuel trims. based on your log the car is adding a bit of fuel:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

IF the car was dialed in, you would be able to pick out if this just started or if it ran this way forever.

i need this problem solved then i can fine turn the car, even with a stock ecu no link it does the same thing, this is why i think something is wrong somewhere else

You need to figure out why your fuel trim is at 17%. Most likely due to unmetered air (vacuum leak) or bad MAF reading, bad O2, etc.

Did you disable the idle fuel adjustment setting i suggested?

You need to figure out why your fuel trim is at 17%. Most likely due to unmetered air (vacuum leak) or bad MAF reading, bad O2, etc.

Did you disable the idle fuel adjustment setting i suggested?

yea i disabled it and still the same thing, if you look at the log of cold start it show open loop and the front the front o2 shows .02v which means its bad but then switched to closed loop and normal voltage to the front o2, but when i take a battery terminal off to reset ecu everything is normal on the first start then goes bad to crap after that, and ive tried 3 maf sensors that i know are good!

The o2 sensor has to warm up. completely normal for it to be low voltage and slowly increasing as it warms for up to 45 secs. The car will then enter closed loop after it has warmed and it will start to cycle as you see in your log. Nothing to be worried about.

17% extra fuel is something to be worried about. For some reason your car wants to add a lot of fuel. this is all based off of the o2 sensor readings. Have you tried a different sensor?

The o2 sensor has to warm up. completely normal for it to be low voltage and slowly increasing as it warms for up to 45 secs. The car will then enter closed loop after it has warmed and it will start to cycle as you see in your log. Nothing to be worried about.

17% extra fuel is something to be worried about. For some reason your car wants to add a lot of fuel. this is all based off of the o2 sensor readings. Have you tried a different sensor?

yes i have to other sensors that i know are good but i get the same exact effect, im at a lost

Post a new log?

Do you still have positive pressure in the tank?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back