The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AWD Fuel Siphon Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceddy

15+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2006
Reading, Pennsylvania
Does anyone have any info on the 2G AWD Fuel Siphon Mod?

Can't find a FAQ or How-To anywhere for it.

I have my fuel tank tore apart, and I'm confused how the siphon even works.

You can drill the siphon out to help combat fuel over-run at idle.
I want to confirm which part to drill, before I do this.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Can someone who has done this confirm this is the correct part to drill out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you have the right spot. Take the siphon assembly out first.

Don't go any larger than 1/8" I only needed 7/64".

EDIT- your profile doesn't list a fuel pump. What do you have?

**These pics are courtesy of newdsmman on the dsmlink forums, hope he doesn't mind.**

You drill out the side that goes straight through, if it wasn't obvious from the pics. It's located right next to the fuel pump, if you take out your assembly, you will easily see it.:thumb:

:thumb:

I have a 255 in tank feeding a 255 inline, and went to 1/8'' right off the bat. Everything works fine, and I can lower my base pressure to like 30psi or so.

I have a toyota supra fuel pump that's rewired with an adjustable regulator and i know that there isn't enough fuel getting back to the tank .problem you will have is your idle fuel trim low is going to be maxed at -12.5 . also your car won't start right sometimes you will have to hold your gas pedal to the floor to start your car and one more thing is you can't lower your fuel pressure . well i was going to try this mod but tried something else first and it worked for me and it might also work for you . if you look at your rubber return line that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the firewall its only like a 1/4 of an inch . when i pulled mine off it even looked restricted inside . what i did was use a 5/16 rubber fuel line with to worm clamps . make sure the clamp is tight on the firewall side cause it might leak .you can push the hose pas the ring that's on the steel line and put your clamp there . after i did that the fuel pressure dropped and my fuel trims started coming down and the car starts much better . hope this helps other dsmers with this problem .

Installing a walbro 450, I drilled out my syphon hole to 7/64 and I’m trying to put everything back together, and can’t get that side with the o-ring down all the way. If I put the o-ring on the tube it rolls over the flare. If I put it in the plastic casing and lubricate liberally with saliva it won’t seat far enough that I can insert the retaining clip into the notch on the sending unit housing.

Any tips or tricks for this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back