The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1st gen 4g63 vs 2nd gen 4g63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriors1994

Proven Member
Feb 11, 2013
Warrenton, Missouri
Ok I have a second gen 4g63 and had a 1 gen gave to me are there any differences? And will the first gen work in my 98? if so what do I need to change

Alright killer since you haven't explored the almighty Google yet, i will drop a quick compare and contrast for you.

1g's 90-93 1/2 ................. 2G's 93 1/2-99

Stronger rods .................... Stronger pistons
Stronger bottom ends .................... Arguably better heads
Better turbos .................... Better Sensors
Arguably bigger Fuel Rails ................... Better coil packs
Adjustable CAS ( advance/retard timing) ................
Bigger intake manifold ports ...............

"for the most part everything is interchangeable with or with out modifications.

My suggestion rip out the 1g 6bolt tear it down and build that bad boy up (with your choice of either gen head) and get it ready either for your 1g body or 2g body. and Bud dont shy from using un-measurable power of your search engine !!

I'm laughing at myself because I was just gonna say that I thought that the 2g fuel rail was bigger. Then I see that you put arguably before it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back