The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g Wont Rev past 3500rpm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ggsx604

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2009
Lebanon, Missouri
Ive searched and searched and cant figure this out. No one has found a solution it seems like.

My wife gave me a 1991 Laser that has been sitting in a field for 7 years that they had.

Well i got it and the car is in good shape. Some stole the turbo and half the exhaust.

I buy a 14b for the car put it on and go to start it after cleaning everything. And Nothing

Well Find out the fuel pump is bad.

I Bought a Walbro 190, New Fuel Filter, New PCV valve, Boost Leak Test, Timing dead on, TPS dead on, CAS dead on, EGR valve and vacuum line deleted, New Plugs and Wires, ECU tested (good).

And i still cant figure it out.

The car will start and idle fine. Has a slight miss but dosnt die. But when you rev it, it will rev to about 3000-4000 and start cutting out like a rev limiter and blows black smoke (runnin rich but has the 390 injectors???)

I cant figure this out, Did a compression test and it came out as 142-151-140-140.

I dont have a aftermarket boost gauge (gettin one soon) but the stock gauge goes up to 7 lbs when it does this.

Can someone help, im running out on what to do and ive been to 3 forums.:pray::pray::pray:

Thank you and sorry for the long post.

The factory boost gauge being high like that is a sure sign of a problem, normally ECU damage, but other things can cause it as well. The ISC clicking is also a sign of capacitor leakage damage.

If you can post a clear, in focus, picture of the board I might be able to confirm it.

Fuel filter replaced. Look at previous post.

How much to have the ecu done. We swapped one and did same thing.

Will a logger show if its bad maybe.

I got my cable for my logger but no software. Where can i download the software to log on my laptop.

i remember when I was having this issue...the maf sensor was a piece of junk. I have a good feeling that would be the prob

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back