The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1g wont rev past 4k

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone5448

Probationary Member
Sep 2, 2012
richwood, West_Virginia
put a new motor in my car because last motor spun some rod bearing because the balancing shaft belt broke well swap to a new motor rebuilt my turbo put all new hose and pugs and wires new oil all new fluids belts everything is in time no light on only thing done to the car so far is a header but you just cant rev it over 4k rpm and its a 5 speed car awd 4g63 2.0 t boost almost to 5 psi no boost leaks when you take off it pulls like normal till you get to 4 that just falls on its face and wont rev past 4k inn neutral or driving don't no what it could be some help be nice

Solution
Well figured it out ecu was bad around them caps or what them thing in middle are parts car ecu and the new ecu is all ready got the prom in so i can use my dsm link now I got a prom that I was gonna have sent off now I don't need to what the factory PS I on Turbo mines reading 14 and Max out on gauge
have you checked the basics.

fuel
spark
air
timing.

usually when stuff like this happens its timing or ignition based. how did you set the timing and the cas?

well you got to put both cam gears same spot with time marks lined up on in then you gotta but the other to in time but that one gears smaller so its gotta be turn like 2 time and make sure its still in time the the blance shaft gotta be in time with all the marks i got a book on it

somebody told me it maybe in limp mode

but i might have the plugs wires wired wrong i put number 4th cylinder all the way on passage side on the 1st cool then i put 1 cylinder on the second cool and then i put 2 cylinder on the 3 cool and 3 clyinder on last cool

4123 firring order cylinders from passenger side to drive side 4321

Last edited:
manual

do you think ecu is bad i have a parts car and is it hard to remove

doesnt sound like fuel cut. thats an abrupt wall hitting change in power.

its 4 bolts and 3 plugs to undo the ecu. swap it and see.

once you confirm the base timing you should light gun the motor and set the cas so its truly timed. you might have the timing way advanced or retarded because of the cas being adjusted wrong

its the round piece off the intake cam. it lets the ecu know the position of the motor so it knows when to fire the plugs and other things.
another thing to try from the parts car would be the mass airflow sensor

well i have a gm maf with a little tuning box that makes it work guy i bought car off of gave it to me but i try the other stock maf

how do you set cas i no where it is no or check it

Well figured it out ecu was bad around them caps or what them thing in middle are parts car ecu and the new ecu is all ready got the prom in so i can use my dsm link now I got a prom that I was gonna have sent off now I don't need to what the factory PS I on Turbo mines reading 14 and Max out on gauge

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back