The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g Auto Trans & Converter Builders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserRS92

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2008
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Well guys I'm looking for some information here. I'm looking for some names of companies who service and upgrade 1g Auto trannies, and companies that restall converters. Of course I would like to hear some first hand experience over he said she said. Look forward to the answers!

I am aware of IPT and Metro trans for trans work and Hughes and IPT for converters. Does Hughes restall? Who do you guys recommend for trans work?

Last edited:
I would just get the IPT rebuild kit, shift kit (I had a random tranny shop install rebuild kit, I installed valve body kit), do the kiggly mod or forced four shift box.

Converter is tricky depending on what your setup consists of. Turbo size? nitrous/no nitrous? etc.

Good Luck

Look for a rebuild kit that includes Borg Warner clutches. Then just buy the 5 disk front. This will save you over half the cost of IPT and its the same kit.

I too have been interested in this info. I heard the rebuild kit rockauto sells is good. I was recently on there and the kit I was thinking of is gone. What are the other good sites/brands for rebuild kits, other than ipt. What would a good converter be for a hx35 and nitrous be?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back