The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g 6 Bolt K1 Tech. Rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't see anything special about them. They appear to be same as all the other h-beam rods out there. Scat and Eagle rods are cheaper and are the same design.

they are lighter.

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I'm wondering if anyone has used them. I'm looking for a steel connecting rod thats as light as can be, and these would appear to be the lightest ones on the market. I'm only skeptical because they have no history and could be very poor quality etc. There is most likely a reason they make a "normal" version and a "lightweight" version. I'm guessing the normal one is stronger since theres no difference in price. If thats the case then why bother with the heavier ones unless the lightweight ones fail?

Personally I'm looking at the 7 bolt ones which weigh 530 grams but I haven't heard of anyone running these, 6 bolt, dsm 7 bolt, or evo. I've searched high and low.

Anyone run these?

Like most of the budget h-beam rods they're forged off shore and finished here in the states. Usually by the cheapest bidder. Material composition and strength are going to be nearly the same as an Eagle, Manley, etc., but the final machine work is not precise. Whoever is finishing them from K1 sucks. We've had them in the shop a few times and the big end ID's are always off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back