The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

6 BOLT RODS AND PISTONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2004
Waterford, ON_Canada
I'm researching 6 BOLT RODS AND PISTONS for my 4g63 I'm going to make 650AWHP in my 2G 99 GSX
of STREET uses and time attack uses. i have been boggled and confused mostly about RODS.
Aluminum Connecting Rods: are they street able or are drag only? i been tolled both by people that say one or the other. I'm boggled by this, but it is what it is. I'm hear to find out what it is and is not.

i know Aluminum rods stretch .010" or .0010" i can remember witch but thats not big deal.
aluminum rods wear out the same time as your pistons. and let bearing live longer.
lighter then steel rods.

what is the lightest piston that is forage or billet. and whats the different about them, whats there uses between the both.

real street has a big video about Aluminum Rods you should check out and be as boggled as i em its on youtube

You can do 500 on stock rods and pistons 650 is probably doable with H-beams and over that I would use I beam rods.

Lighter is not the right answer. It never will be in a blown application.

Piston-
Arias

Steel rod-
Manley I beam or Pauter if you can afford it.

Aluminum-
GRP. We have seen long life cycles from these rods.

Do not use aluminum rods for time attack or other circuit racing. I have personally seen engine braking stretch them so the pistons were hitting the head.

Pretty much any aftermarket piston and h beam rod will meet your needs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back