The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1996 eclipse gs 420a supercharged build thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan summers

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2015
salisbury, North_Carolina
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
sense im still on probation im gonna start my thread here and link it once im off probation, heres some pics of the car before when i first got it and im tearing it down now, want to remove the engine and tranny and see how the internals look, see if anything needs replaced and i gotta replace the throw out bearing and probably clutch even though the last owner said he just replaced the clutch but if that was true then whys the throw out bearing rattling. ive found that the last owner had no idea on wiring thats for sure, i seen all kinds of a mess so far. heres my list of things done to the car already, he did keep a pretty good record on parts and receipts so i believe it to be true. once i get the engine out and on a stand i can find out if the internals are what he says they are. so far everythings there he said was and i can tell the engine was pulled out and i believe this car was an automatic and was swapped over due to it still having the auto tranmission wiring. i gotta drop the exhaust, axles and pull the mounts and shes out, here it is before and now. the paint job on the engine and sc was horrible, another reason im pulling it out, she runs good i just got some upgraded parts and want to repair all the wiring done to it and anything else i notice like leaks and rubbed wiring. not to mention its dirty in there

performance/engine
stage 2 crane cams
62 mm throttle body
venom 400
eaton m90 supercharger
megan racing header
msd igntion
AEM adjustable cam gears
obx intake manifold
jet performance chip
unorthodox racing crank pulley kit
head shaved 15 thousands
nology coil amplifiers
head gasket
valve job
performance valve springs
resurfaced head
head bolts
weiso pistons
eagle rods
stage 2 clutch
bigger injectors not sure of size yet
blow off valve
AEM boost gauge
AEM wideband o2 sensor and gauge
manual boost controller
FMIC with needed pipes and hoses

suspension
tokico gas shocks
tokico adjustable coil overs
front and rear strut tower bars
cross drilled rotors
all wheel disc brakes
energy suspension motor mounts
energy suspension transmission mounts

interior
aftermarket steering wheel
quick detach hub for steering wheel
carbon fiber racing seats
mugen 5 point racing harnesses
kenwood radio
custom made speaker box with amp holder

exterior
18 inch rims
body kit
side window vents
hood pins

i took the head off just to check out the pistons and see if there factory, but i cant tell from others ive seen online, never had a car with pistons like this before, are they factory? dont want to pull one just to look at it LOL

well i found it the piston on the right in that engine pic is down alittle on the right, with good reason LOL, bent rod. so now im waiting on my built engine to come in, i was told this one was but they lied, LOL, oh well, the new one will handle it. gotta order ms soon, heres the new engine, ive sand blasted, primered and painted the engine bay and removed the engine harness, going to make my own so i can shorten the harness to make everything fit inside the car along with the fuse box.

just went out there to my garage and swapped out the factory fuel pump for a walbro 255, should be able to get a little more fuel now. i might end up putting a bigger one in if this ones not enough. old and new pump pictures

heres pics of it all black now, thinking of removing that old firewall material, not sure where i can get a new one or some material to recover it though

exhaust studs installed, and i started grinding off the 3.8 on the sc and the valve cover numbers and the dohc will come off,

yeah thats my plan, found a bent rod so now buying a built block and im building this block as well, i know i already have to much money into this 420a LOL, but i dont care, its for fun. and if i was not wasting it here id be wasting it somewhere else LOL. any car you build you never get your money back, im looking for a gsx also, just have not found what im looking for, i love all cars and engines, and when people say you cant do that it makes me want it even more. so im having fun building this car, and im learning alot even though ive ran into a shit ton of haters LOL

soon as i get this thing together i want to meet up with you 95gstowner, people dont believe that my cars supercharged and that it runs, well its not running right now cause im rebuilding it, but soon as i get it back together i want some proof LOL, so ill do a video and show you the car, then maybe people will stop talking shit LOL

soon as i get this thing together i want to meet up with you 95gstowner, people dont believe that my cars supercharged and that it runs, well its not running right now cause im rebuilding it, but soon as i get it back together i want some proof LOL, so ill do a video and show you the car, then maybe people will stop talking sh** LOL

Sounds good to me!

just ordered eagle 3d h beam rods for it, was thinking of reusing these pistons but i already had a bent rod they could be cracked or something, so i ordered sealed power pistons. soon as they get here i can get this thing back together, i already got all the new timing components, it has a new water pump on it so i dont have to change that, got a complete new gasket set also, i just need a waste gate cause someone stole it from my garage. i thought i misplaced it, but i searched everything in there, no go. oh well, its just money right LOL not sure if im gonna throw the built engine in or the one im building, either way its gonna have a built engine in it LOL

few pics of the cleaned up bare block

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back