The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1993 evo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2016
New salem, North_Dakota
So I asked a question about a month ago about a t case for my evo, was told a 95 mt dsm t-case would work. Turns out it’s wrong. Find a t-case is going to be really difficult to find. My rear diff is a 3.909. Wondering if anyone know is the rear diff is the same as a dsm? I have a spare 95 lsd rear diff in a garage at my rental property. I plan on building the trans so that won’t be a issue I’m just wondering if compatible what would be the best to go with? All my t case are 95

Which Evo gearbox are you using? If it's an Evo 1 or 2, you need a 23 spline input 1.090 transfer case, Evo 3 you must use a 23 spline input 1.074 transfer case.

All Evo 1-3 rear diffs are 3.909, no dsm used that ratio.
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Trannies.html

So I asked a question about a month ago about a t case for my evo, was told a 95 mt dsm t-case would work. Turns out it’s wrong. Find a t-case is going to be really difficult to find. My rear diff is a 3.909. Wondering if anyone know is the rear diff is the same as a dsm? I have a spare 95 lsd rear diff in a garage at my rental property. I plan on building the trans so that won’t be a issue I’m just wondering if compatible what would be the best to go with? All my t case are 95
As we already told you everything in your another post. The EVO1 t- case has the same ratio as the 91-96 t-case. If a 95 dsm t-case didn't work on your car, which means your transmission or front ratio is not the EVO1's.
For instance, if your car actually has a EVO3 transmission or the front gear has been swapped with EVO3's by previous owner, then you would have needed a 97-99 dsm t-case or one from other car that has 1.074.
As you are planning on rebuilding your transmission, just check how many teeth the front ring gear has, then you can know which t-case you would exactly need.
And no, as @delta448 mentioned above that 3.909 is from the early EVO (1/2/3), late GVR4, some RVR etc. Manual DSMs have 3.545.

There are only two transfer case options, and if you bought the 91-96, you got the correct one. Even the 'wrong' one would drive, but would be awful strange doing it. How is it 'wrong'??
Also, don't touch the rear diff. The odds are minimal that anything is wrong with it, and there was no variation in Evo rear gear ratios, as mentioned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back