The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1993 Eagle Talon TSI Maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_breezer13

10+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Okay so my car has 126,000 miles. Nothing has been changed except water pump and timing belt. Oil was changed today with mobil 1. Radiator hoses and intercooler piping is starting to dry rot and crack. Could this be causing my boost leak? and cause it to whine? the 14b turbo has no shaft play and still rotates. It still gets some boost just sounds really bad. It is parked and not driving till i figure out what is wrong.

Thanks

Well if the hoses are cracked or mushy they need replaced also give your car some fresh antifreeze, Gear oil in the trans, transfer case, and rear end.

A set of BPR6ES plugs gapped a .028 or a set of BPR7ES plugs if you running a larger turbo. Plug wires couldn't hurt either.

Lucas injector clean would clean out your fuel system too.

I would replace the radiator piping and intercooler piping..If you can afford it get hard intercooler pipng..That also depends if your going to keep it stock or upgrade alot of parts..

I'm only a little over an hour away depending on what side of madison your from..So if you ever need anything give me a holler..Or you could come this way It's really not a bad drive, and I hate driving..

Thanks for the replies and yes i am planning on building it. I just ordered a new intercooler kit from punishment racing and all new radiator hoses. Im also buying a fp racing manifold tomorrow.

I would still do a boost leal test just to make sure your throttle body seals are not leaking, and your clamps will not blow off under boost..

A FMIC kit is a hell of a way to fix a boost leak, LOL..

I have to ask if you have a manual boost controller, and an aftermarket boost gauge..If not you might want to order both.Your going to need the boost controller if you want to turn up the boost..And you need the aftermarket boost gauge cause the stock one is crap..

I would still do a boost leal test just to make sure your throttle body seals are not leaking, and your clamps will not blow off under boost..

A FMIC kit is a hell of a way to fix a boost leak, LOL..

I have to ask if you have a manual boost controller, and an aftermarket boost gauge..If not you might want to order both.Your going to need the boost controller if you want to turn up the boost..And you need the aftermarket boost gauge cause the stock one is crap..

ROFL yeah i was going to do one anyways so i said screw it. and so i got them both and yeah i want to go mechanical but I don't know much about them. I know thats the cheaper route but i heard they worked good. And aem wideband im planning on getting with a boost gauge.

Mechanical boost controllers are great..Some people like the electric ones but, price is an issue there..

If you get the wideband buy one that comes with the gauge..

And boost gauge is definatly a must.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back