The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3" sch 10 304 stainless. Kind of shaky - but was a field weld with 20' legs on each side and couldnt be rolled so not bad for just learning to pipe weld only days before this picture was taken.

Attachments

• 469179_10150584067767130_501497129_9398758_1545305771_o.jpg
    469179_10150584067767130_501497129_9398758_1545305771_o.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 159
Its been a while since I have welded, but these are the last things I did.

I don't have a very steady hand. I did these with a miller Econo Tig, and the stainless is at the very bottom of the scale of thickness. Basically the minimum amount of amperage possible.

On the aluminum, I was using orange tungsten ground to point...seems to work OK even on a transformer machine.

I feel like some people just have the "gift" for making nice welds... Sure everyone can make some good looking ones, but not everyone can have perfect ones all the time. One of my buddies that mig welds all day everyday, made better looking tig's on his very first attempt, than I ever have... He's got the gift, I don't

Attachments

• stainless.jpg
    stainless.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,174
  • ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 180
A trick I used way back with an Econo Tig was to ground through a bit of welding rod to add resistance. Always bugged me the current adjustment didn't go down low enough.

Needed a tougher test for some welders at work. We decided on a circular weld and needed a way to do make circular coupons. I came up with this to use in our hydraulic press.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I had to build a rear transmission mount for both the W series and the R series toyota transmissions to the Conquest

whats a good starter welder Id be able to do aluminum and stainless with that I can start looking on craigslist for? I have a shitty one right now a wire feeder style/ its good for exhausts and stuff deff not manifolds or anything special.

What's your price range

Tried out some 3/32 4043

Looking better Gamble. This is some 308l SS 1.75 16ga tubing for my waste gate. This is just a practice piece and its quit clear practice is what the doctor prescribed. Any help I can get please ;p.

For the lower 3 welds (straight pieces) it was 1/16" wire and for the rest it was thinner wire not too sure what diameter exactly. #6 cup 1/16" cerium on an air cooled 17 monster torch. Machine is a miller syncrowave 250dx baseline ( cheap school). I will be practicing more tomorrow with better pics. I think I progressed pretty far for only welding 3 months 1-2 times a week :idontknow:

It's been a while since I last posted a picture but here's some anodized aluminum sch40 pipe for some tuna towers gas coverage wasn't perfect on this one but it'll do.

Heres some 2" stainless steel pipe i did yesterday on the roof of the plant welded in position for some moresammonia lines were adding. I love welding pipe.

Wow yours looks better than mine. I've only welded like 3 or 4 times, and this was my first real world weld. Not just welding on a half inch thich piece of steel for shits and gigs. Its better than some muffler shops I've seen, which is kind of pathetic.

What do you guys think?

Nope its a cheap hobart wire welder. It's pretty nice actually for what it is though.
What's in the picture is a exhaust reducer you can get from autozone, I used it to put a flowmaster on my car until I can save up to get a real exhaust :p. Haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back