The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

wtf is this piece supposed to hook up to (pic)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glacius

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2004
Pasadena, Maryland
Hey guys, just picked up the talon, not used to a 4g63, found an unhooked vacuum solenoid it seems. Anybody tell me where this should run to on a 91 awd talon

Attachments

• 117_1726.jpg
    117_1726.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 171
thanks for the pic, but that just means i'm missing more vacuum lines then i thought after looking at that LOL

well you can tap into that line to hook up a boost guage. You use the "T" fitting like in the pic then run another line from that T to the Boost guage. If you want just connect that hose with the hose clamp. If your factoy boost guage move at all ? if not thats prob why.

http://www.taboospeedshop.com/emissions.htm

its the fuel pressure solenoid.

The fuel pressure solenoid can be safely removed. Its function is to increase the fuel pressure on start-up by closing the vacuum path to the fuel pressure regulator which is suppose to prevent the fuel from evaporating when the engine is hot. This is not a problem when high volume fuel pump is being used or might take just a bit more cranking in case of completely stock fuel system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back