The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Wiring PLX wbo2 to ecu input

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
ok guys I've been searching around for a few days now and I can't seem to find anything about wiring my PLX wbo2 to my egr input on my ecu so I can log with my wideband with my ECM link I kno about wiring it to the egr input wire but I'm trying to figure out what wire on the actual wideband to wire to the ecu and I thought you needed to use a resistor or something...here is some pics for reference if someone could tell me what wire to soder to my ecu that would be great...and the wideband in the picture is the one I have

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 443
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 533
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 403
Are you asking for 2 different things?

The plx afr has a simulated narrowband output, analog top pin right (I think I can go look)

Then a 0-5v logger output on the bottom right pin, this I know for sure I just hooked it up to ecu+ the other day.

What gauge do you have?

For what its worth I am very unhappy with plx right now, have hod nothing but trouble now the 2 new dm-6 gauges were bad out of the box and I sent them to plx for rma a month ago now they are ignoring me for a week...

So now there is the afr, boost and oil pressure all linked to one dm-6 gauge, the tocuh button to switch between modules is extremely unresponsive and slow like this. Then sometimes it just goes blank or crazy pixles til you power cycle/

No thanks, innovate for me.

I have the one pictured with the white face gauge...and just need to kno what wire to run to the egr input....pretty much just asking what wire I need to run to the egr input wire so my ECM link will recognize it so I can use it to log/tune

I'm right here with ya bud I have a plx m250 and have even called plx about it and they can't find any information about wiring my wb yours looks like the 300 if you go on plx Web site and under support you can find the pdf file that tells you what to wire where I'm lost as to I have 2 wires one grey one white white wire is spliced to a guage and I think is the 0-5v that's soposto go to egr but I can't get anyone to tell me the answer to that and I believe you just change the setting to narrow ban simulation in ecm link and put the narrow ban wire to the o2 off the ecu

I am a PLX user with ECMLink. I have the wide-band sensor in place of the front OE o2 sensor. I am not using the PLX narrow-band simulation, as ECMLink V3 already has this feature. Wire the 5v output of the wideband to the front o2 pin on the ecu (pin 4). This will leave the EGR pin open for something else.

Here is are some additional links to get it set up:

http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3narrowbandsim

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/worth-it-to-switch-02-sensor-for-wideband.451024/#post-153131397

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Are you asking for 2 different things?

The plx afr has a simulated narrowband output, analog top pin right (I think I can go look)

Then a 0-5v logger output on the bottom right pin, this I know for sure I just hooked it up to ecu+ the other day.

What gauge do you have?

For what its worth I am very unhappy with plx right now, have hod nothing but trouble now the 2 new dm-6 gauges were bad out of the box and I sent them to plx for rma a month ago now they are ignoring me for a week...

So now there is the afr, boost and oil pressure all linked to one dm-6 gauge, the tocuh button to switch between modules is extremely unresponsive and slow like this. Then sometimes it just goes blank or crazy pixles til you power cycle/

No thanks, innovate for me.

Darknezz7 is correct the bottom right pin on the analog output on the PLX control module is the
0-5v logger output. Yesterday I found and electrical pin In an old connector I had laying around I soldered a longer wire to that and I plugged the pin to the bottom right logger output on the PLX module.... pic for reference below. Then I found pin 15 (blue/yellow wire on big plug) on the 1g DSM, witch is the EGR temperate input. I clipped the wire for pin 15 and left a little slack on it so I had room to solder, I then ran the 0-5v logger wire I just plugged into the box to the blue and yellow wire coming out from the ecu plug I just cut. I soldered the logger wire to that then plugged everything back in. Then plugged my link in and connected to the car went to ecu config, then to ECU inputs. I selected EGR in the wideband tab. Then went to pin assignments selected egr then wideband, named my sensor, double checked my sensor description and then clicked save pin assignments then save all to ecu. Also then started a stream and added to the PLX WBo2 to the list of logged sensors and bam I was done and everything works and it's accurate. If anyone has any questions about wiring the PLX DM-5 with the SM-AFR modual to your ECU so your link can log it feel free to shoot me a PM

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 332
And for you guys that need help on this issue and just wiring the PLX device up. I will be taking the photos I need tomorrow and I will be posting up a detailed How-to thread in the Tech articles under electrical and wiring on the whole subject of the basic wiring, and wiring from the analog output so you can log your PLX DM-5 device with the SM-AFR module on ECM link v3. And I'm almost positive as long as you are using the SM-AFR module the wiring instruction I'm gonna give everyone should be the same, and should work but I will double check before I do so. Just give me some time and I should have it completed tomorrow and hopefully be approved by a moderator/admin

Hey guys I'm glad everyone is figuring the stuff out but I'm still in limbo being I have an old plx m-250 I'm just trying to figure out what the previous owner of this thing did.. he has the guage spliced into the white wire comming out of the back and I believe goes to my data log input.. the m250 doesn't have a plug or harness it used the old box style unit which digital read out for the afr the only wires comming out are the harness for the sensor and on the other side is 1 gray wire and one white wire.. plx has no clue what to tell me and it's just dumb to think. O one knows some one hasto.. my thoughts are the white wire like most is the 0-5v datalogging wire and the gray is the narrowban simulation.. (which I'm not using I plan to run the narrow ban sensor) I also plan to use the egr temp output just looking for someone to back up my thoughs on this.. am I out in left field or on the right track? Thanks in advance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back