1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Wire tuck, alternator wires

Posted by tylercuevas93, Apr 15, 2014

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. tylercuevas93

tylercuevas93 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 19, 2012
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Coming off the alternator are two wires, white, and white/black. They have "plugs where they connect to other wires of the same, and I am having problem because I didn't label the white/black wire on locating the plug. It's literally my last plug to locate before being finished with the tuck! Please any help would be much appreciated, I've looked over google and on the forums for hours and even through my manual and I can't seem to find it!

I have pictures of the wire/ female plug, and can send to an email if need be. I just need the help locating the male plug. The white wire female is plugged in by the hole for wiring by the drivers side fender.

2. Blurred Talon

Blurred Talon Proven Member

Joined Jan 2, 2004
    Paradise, NL, Canada
    There are only 2 white heavy gauge wires coming off the alternator, these are the charge wires that go to the fuse box.
    The other wires are in the alternator connector (grey, 4 pin): http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151542316-post47.html

The white/black wire you are describing sound like the ignition switch wire that comes from the engine bay fuse box and plugs into the interior fuse box. I believe the other white wire also plugs into the interior fuse box if my memory serves me right.

Post up some pictures.

Street Build 2K  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
    19Eclipse90 likes this.
  3. tylercuevas93

tylercuevas93 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 19, 2012
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Looking over my wiring I was just about to come in and correct myself. You were 100% right! Plugged into the back of the interior fuse box, thank you so much for the guidance! Don't know what I'd do without this forum! Thank you so much for the help, that last plug was driving me insane!:thumb: