The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternator Wire Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomF

Probationary Member
Jul 8, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hi,

I recently bought my DSM, a 1997 Eagle Talon TSi (awd turbo). I knew that there were some quirky things wrong with it, but I figured it would be a learning experience. One of these quirks happened to be that the alternator kept going out. I did some research, and found out that the previous owner before me kept putting 1992 alternators in the car. This was possible because the plug was also a 1992 plug, which was just spliced in and duck taped away. Now I'm trying to fix this issue, and I'm not sure if all of the wires are correct...

The alternator was plugged in with solid black and red wires I think. I ordered a 2g alternator plug and found the other two wires for the plug. My current problem is that the 4 wires in the car are different from the 4 wires on the plug I just got. The car's plugs has a thick red wire, a thick black and yellow wire, a smaller green wire, and a smaller white wire. The plug that came in has 4 small wires about the size of the small wires on the car. However, these are colored differently: white and green, red and blue, red and black, and white and black. These are all striped.

Are these wires correct, or do I have more cheap wiring to dig up in the car? I feel like I'm finished but the wires should match better... I got the plug from mitsubishi graveyard if that helps. I can get a picture up, but it's kind of hard to see. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Adam

Anything? I'm trying to figure out if there's more wiring from the previous owner I gotta pull out... I wouldn't be surprised...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back