The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

will these rims fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97-gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Radford, Virginia
93 eclipse is still off the road due to my chrome rims chipping and are now pretty much worthless. i saw someone selling some 240sx 5 lug rims, i saw they are the same pattern as the eclipse 5x114.3 (i don't know offset or stud size, i can't find that information anywhere)
does anyone know if these will fit or not??

thanks

They will fit! They have a slightly lower stock offset then ours due to them having 4pot brakes so you will be fine with them. But why do you want them stock looking rims for there ugly. Im assuming this because you didnt say anything about aftermarket ones but 240sx

They will fit! They have a slightly lower stock offset then ours due to them having 4pot brakes so you will be fine with them. But why do you want them stock looking rims for there ugly. Im assuming this because you didnt say anything about aftermarket ones but 240sx

they are stock, i was planning on putting my gst rims on it after i switched my rims on my gst to 3000gt rims. but gst rims are chipping chrome so they wont seal correctly and the guy selling them is asking 80 for all 4 rims and tires on them! they are definitely ugly but i'm going to have to deal for a little while. i'm so glad they'll fit! i'm ready to get it back on the road, my truck is killing me on gas.

they are stock, i was planning on putting my gst rims on it after i switched my rims on my gst to 3000gt rims. but gst rims are chipping chrome so they wont seal correctly and the guy selling them is asking 80 for all 4 rims and tires on them! they are definitely ugly but i'm going to have to deal for a little while. i'm so glad they'll fit! i'm ready to get it back on the road, my truck is killing me on gas.

you really can't beat it for $80 even if they are just a spare set of wheels. I'd definitely do something like that.

you really can't beat it for $80 even if they are just a spare set of wheels. I'd definitely do something like that.

yeah i know!! they have a bad set of tires (they are the stock rims off of a 96 240sx se) so 16in rims and i just bought a new set of tires for my other rims that are bad so yeah thats the cheapest i've seen, even if they are for a nissan!

No offset, centerbore, or width = impossible to really help.

Actually, we know that the centerbore on those wheels is only 66 mm. The OP is about to buy some really big paperweights. But I think we've done all we can. If this is going to be another horse-dead-from-thirst on the bank of a stream, so be it.

You know I don't read your posts. It's my attempt to connect with the people. OMG

They got stuck in a smugwich (smug sandwich) and aborted themselves.

Last edited:
gonna try today to see if theyll work...

found this awesome website!

240SX,SE
95-96
5X114.3
12mmX1.25

ECLIPSE
89-08
5X114.3
12mmX1.5

http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm

that will let you know..
i see the difference between the 240 sx and eclipse is the 66.1 and 67.1 -- does that make a difference??

Last edited:
If you can put a 67mm shaft into a 66mm hole by all means go ahead. Can't be done without modification. Way back in this thread you were told, they do not fit.

Actually, we know that the centerbore on those wheels is only 66 mm. The OP is about to buy some really big paperweights. But I think we've done all we can. If this is going to be another horse-dead-from-thirst on the bank of a stream, so be it.

actually they worked, so thanks for the rude comment about me buying some big paperweights.......

If you can put a 67mm shaft into a 66mm hole by all means go ahead. Can't be done without modification. Way back in this thread you were told, they do not fit.

they actually do fit....

and drove it on home without a problem.
i'm glad i bought the rims and took the risk because they DID work.

Last edited:
I told you. I don't know why people kept saying they wouln't. I had them on three different DSM'S.

i know!! my girlfriend is on a nissan altima site and every single poster on there said they would work.. thanks for the help, if you didn't comment i probably wouldn't have my 1g on the road now.

they are nice and tight up against the hub and fit great..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back