The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Wideband question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanzomg

Proven Member
May 18, 2015
melrose park, Illinois
my car has narrowband simulated through link and I have a AEM wideband hooked up to ecu. If my wideband sensor is taking a crap will this cause the car to run like crap as well??

The gauge being bad only justifies your false readings. It doesn't justify the engine running like shit.
If you put garbage data into the ECU, you get garbage performance.

I would put a stock o2 sensor in the stock location, Turn off the narrow band simulator in ECM Link, check idle results looking for a o2 cycling signal in the ECM Link logs after resetting the fuel trims. If that does not work - you got other issues.

Last edited:
If you put garbage data into the ECU, you get garbage performance.

I would put a stock o2 sensor in the stock location, Turn off the narrow band simulator in ECM Link, check idle results looking for a o2 cycling signal in the ECM Link logs after resetting the fuel trims. If that does not work - you got other issues.
How do I reset fuel trims

For this test you also need to make sure the Stock o2 input pin configuration is set back to Factory/none, and the factory wiring to the o2 sensor is in place. This might require un-doing whatever wiring was done to connect the AEM wide band to the o2 sensor input. You have not shared your wiring setup so I'm guessing here.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Above is for a 2G - so some things will be different. I have just enough inputs with my SD setup to run the front o2 as stock, and a rear input as Wideband. I prefer to get data from both types of sensors so I have one as a reference if the other starts doing something weird.

Last edited:
For this test you also need to make sure the Stock o2 input pin configuration is set back to Factory/none, and the factory wiring to the o2 sensor is in place. This might require un-doing whatever wiring was done to connect the AEM wide band to the o2 sensor input. You have not shared your wiring setup so I'm guessing here.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Above is for a 2G - so some things will be different. I have just enough inputs with my SD setup to run the front o2 as stock, and a rear input as Wideband. I prefer to get data from both types of sensors so I have one as a reference if the other starts doing something weird.
It seems as 1g 's only have one source for the 02 sensor so I'm screwed in that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back