The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wideband Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnetwork

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
New Milford, New_Jersey
I just bought an AEM 6in1 Wideband gauage off of eBay, I am going to use my logger, wideband, and S-AFC2 combo to tune. Find this much easier than just a logger. Anyway I had two questions: One, I was wondering if I could put the wideband in the 2nd O2 sensor bung (the one after the cat). Two, I was wondering what would be a good A/F Ratio for my current setup and for running on 93 Octane gas. I'm very new to wideband..

Yes you can use the rear o2 bung- allow some extra time for it to heet up.
tune for around 10:1

Sounds good.. also.. I live in NJ.. is tuning way different when it's cold like in the 20's and 30's than when it's warmer like the 40's? It seems like so much more fuel has to be added when it's this cold..

Yes you can use the rear o2 bung- allow some extra time for it to heet up.
tune for around 10:1

Do you mind if I ask you the reason why he should tune for 10:1? Is it because the CAT is there or because it is that far from the O2 housing? I know in a perfect world would be 12:1. But does the distance make any difference?

Just learning something new everyday. :thumb:

yea i am also wondering why you'd tune for 10:1 ### you want to run around 14:1 if i remember correctly... i'm really interested in this ### i'm gonna be tuning my buddy's 1g here soon as he get the turbo and what not on...

I just installed my wideband... put the sensor in the rear bung. So I sould be tuning for 10:1 on both low and high throttle??

on non turbo cars you want to tune for 12.5-13.5:1, turbo cars 11.5-12:1 is safe. In a perfect world we could tune for a pure stoich mixture of 14.7:1, or use race gas. 10:1 is way rich, almost as rich as stock.

Using my wideband.. what would I tune low throttle for??

Use you fuel trims. Do you have a datalogger? Since you have a 2G, make sure it is around 0.

Wideband is for High throttle settings = OPEN LOOP.

Your lo throttle settings (regardless of how you adjust your SAFC) will end up back at around stoich because it is not open loop. Hi throttle / WOT, I also recommend you go for the mid to high 11:1 mark. Good luck.

Reading thist hread and Iam confused...
We don´t need talk about how accurate is narrow band O2 sensor which is calibrated in 0-1Volt...its made just for Stoich mixture...Idle and Cruise...
If you want to know how accurate rich or lean you are ..have to use WBO2 sensor which is calibrated in 0-5volt(WOT)

Stoich mixture is 14.7:1 A/F Lambda=1 Stoich mixture is best economy and you are good with emissions...
Max. power (WOT) is made when Lambda= 0.86 this is 12.6:1 A/F

If you run very rich..you don´t get knock...but its because in Comb. chamber is big amount of fuel which can´t burn fast...So much fuell slow burn..its retarding the timing due the fact there is SO much fuel...Someone think rich mixture cools the comb chamber...think thats reason why it stop knocking...
what about run 12.6:1A/F at WOT and just retard timing to get bigger Power???Than run 11:1 and let the engine retard timing byself?????

check up these vids esp Ben Strader from EFI university..:thumb: Third vid from down the site...
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/tuning-videos.php

If Iam mystaken..let me know
Thanks

Venca

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back