The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

wideband question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECLEVO4G

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2007
Stone mountain, Georgia
I have a dsmlink and I know I need to a wideband o2 sensor but what is good one to get. I already have a a/f ratio guage can I just get the sensor by itself? Where should I put it in the o2 housing?

The a/f gauge is a waste of time, you need a real wideband. Any wideband with a output for data logging will do fine.

I have a dsmlink and I know I need to a wideband o2 sensor but what is good one to get. I already have a a/f ratio guage can I just get the sensor by itself? Where should I put it in the o2 housing?

Pretty much any name brand wideband's will do the trick. PLX, AEM, NGK. You cannot buy a wideband sensor and use it for your narrowband gauge. You shouldn't put the wideband o2 sensor in the o2 housing, leave the factory o2 sensor there. Weld a bung on after the flex section of your down pipe for the wideband. Good luck.

The rule of thumb is:
O2 sensor should be placed at least 3 times diameter of turbine housing.So if you run stock O2, it is 2.5" x3= 7.5" minimum distance from turbine housing. I don't know what is the max. allowed distance though.

I have had my PLX M300 for 2 years, logged in dsmlink, works great. Go for PLX, AEM, ZEXTRONICS ETC, all the big names are good really.

It comes down a slight difference in price but mostly, the display type. Do you want a gauge, a box etc?

The rule of thumb is:
O2 sensor should be placed at least 3 times diameter of turbine housing.So if you run stock O2, it is 2.5" x3= 7.5" minimum distance from turbine housing. I don't know what is the max. allowed distance though.

The uego is sposed to be 36 inches.

Yes you have to splice wires for hook up but very straight forward.
The rear o2 sensor this is the one you'll be using for the wide band and it's input to the ecu for logging.
The input to splice into is on the dsmlink forum for which pin it is on the ecu.
And it's accurate on 2g's

This may only be for a 1G, but you can not log the uego on dsmlink accurately. I am not sure if this is the case for 2Gs, but worth looking into if you wanted to log the WBO2.

Yea, i think it's a 1g thing. Good call tho.

I have had my PLX M300 for 2 years, logged in dsmlink, works great. Go for PLX, AEM, ZEXTRONICS ETC, all the big names are good really.

It comes down a slight difference in price but mostly, the display type. Do you want a gauge, a box etc?
Hey where did you buy your PLX M300 ?

thanks, mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back