The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Why timing marks on 97+ timing cover???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
Does anyone know why they'd bother to put timing marks on a 97+ car since the base timing can't be adjusted anyway??? I was just looking at mine and noticed the marks. Any ideas? :confused: Just dunno if there's a reason I'd need to use it, check it, or whatever.

Cost's the manufacturer extra to redo the cover just to remove the marks and dealers doesn't need any additional inventory of the same device.

So, why do the change?

If they did do the change, that revised cover will cost more than the older one and who's going to buy a revised cover when the original cover still fits and does the main job in protecting the belts during operation..and that revised product is then destined to die on the dealer's shelves and that's money losses for the dealer/supplier.

Mitsu knew what they were doing.....

Have a great day and enjoy your ride. - DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back