1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Why is there an oil leak here?

Posted by Myk984g63, Jan 21, 2021

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Myk984g63

Myk984g63 Supporting Member

Joined Oct 8, 2020
    Bakersfield, California
    Installing a new turbo, manifold and wastegate and noticed there is oil leaking from here. How can I fix it? 20210120_212945.jpg

Street Build 270  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Your number one runner looks extremely wet. The bottom center stud runs through the head so can leak from there if you’re using a short bolt instead of the factory stud. Only other guess is head gasket or valve stems leaking pas the exhaust manifold gasket. How does the inside of the exhaust manifold look?

609  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

672  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 4K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
  3. benspilk09

benspilk09 Proven Member

Joined Feb 16, 2010
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Your valve seals are shot, judging by the oily exhaust port.

Its a relatively easy job. I replaced mine last winter. There is a valve spring compressor tool made for the 4g63 that allows you to remove the springs without removing the head.

Street Build 494  4

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM