The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What's the gap on the spark plugs supposed to be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-DSM2NR-

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
I've heard some people saying that it's 0.80mm and others saying that it's supposed to be at 0.20mm. So now I'm pretty confused. What's the gap of a perfect working condition spark plugs supposed to be?

steve said:
Sorry, I should have used the correct term, inductive crossfire and that is the reason for the factory routing of the wires.

The FSM says "Impropper arrangement of the spark plug cables will induce a voltage between the cables causing missfiring and developing a surge at acceleration in high speed operation. Therefore be careful to arrange the spark plug cables properly by the following procedure."

The cables a are arranged to keep the wires oriented 3214 and to keep the pairs 32 and 14 seperated.

If your interested in what inductive crossfire is then google is your friend.

Steve

I thought 2g's are in order 4123 not 3214.

yes the firing order is 4123, but i think he's trying to say that the wire arragnment is to keep 3&2 and 1&4 separated.

The 4G63 firing order for both generations is 1 3 4 2 according to the FSMs.
The wires on the coils go 4123 or 3214 depending which direction your reading from.

Correct about the wire routing and it's also the same between generations. (assuming the 95 & 96 remain the same. Don't have a FSM page for routing for them)

Steve

cfisher said:
So does it matter that I have all of my wires touching? I have magnecore 8.5mm.
If you still have the stock protective foam, brackets and clips, it really isn't that difficult to figure out the how to properly route them in the stock configuration using the arrows on the VC as guides. All the wires should run flat and parallel to each other cris crossing one another.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back