The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

So you have to gap the spark plugs??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAdriver

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2003
Chickamauga, Georgia
My bro-in-law help me put in new plugs a few months ago since it was my first time. I thought you had to gap them he just took them and screwed them in. If i need to gap them, what do I gap them to??

No matter where you get spark plugs, you should always check the gap. If you are still running on stock plug wires, and pushing over stock boost, i'd say gap to .028 to decrease blow out. Otherwise, i think stock gap is .032. I'm not sure on that one though.

what about the gap for a 420a? I gapped mine to stock before but I am going to be running diffrent ignition wires so what would I need those to be gapped at? what else could you use thats easier than that stupid round ring spark plug gaper..I hate useing that thing any other gaper i could use thats more accuate?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back