The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G whats a deep/best sounding exhaust system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmGSTtuner

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2012
lexington, South_Carolina
im in the market for an exhaust upgrade. I want something with a deep tone (not something that sounds like a crappy vtec:tease:). Im running a 4g63 with a 16g turbo and stock downpipe. I dont really want to spend over $500 on the exhaust system. Does any one have some good references? if you have a video or link to one that would be much appreciated. thanks!

Megan downpipe/custom 3" cat back finished with a Vibrant muffler.
:)

I have an Apexi N1 turbo back exhaust, and I can't complain. But I'd rather have something different.

I personally like the sound of a straight 3" exhaust with the Magnaflow Race muffler.

My SRS catback with the stock downpipe had a nice tone to it. Swapped in a megan 3" DP and its ok but sounded better with a cat in it, to me anyways but not worth the low flow of the stock cat.

This is the system I run & like the way it sound's:FP Exhaust Manifold,S.S.Tubular Recirculated O2 Housing,Borla 3"inch Downpipe,OBX High-Flow 2 1/2"inch S.S.Cat,SR-S 3"inch S.S. Cat-Back Exhaust.

I personally think Flowmaster 40's sound badass on the 4g63. That's what ill be going with when I do my first upgrade.

This is the system I run & like the way it sound's:FP Exhaust Manifold,S.S.Tubular Recirculated O2 Housing,Borla 3"inch Downpipe,OBX High-Flow 2 1/2"inch S.S.Cat,SR-S 3"inch S.S. Cat-Back Exhaust.

Borla has a 2g downpipe?

Thermal is by far the most sexiest exhaust, and that's coming from someone who owned a megan and an apexi n1, on top of that thermal exhaust sits flush, where as most of the other ones are off on angles.

Get a downpipe for sure. I have an Apexi 3"dp and N1 cat back sounds great. Also had custom 2.5 piping from a local shop with HKS carbon ti muffler on my first gst and i got alot of compliments from many people on the deep non ricey sound with that set up. There are a ton of options out there. Thermal makes a good set up too

im running a custom bent 2.5 straight pipe. NO MUFFLER, NO CAT, and a duel tip that IMO fills out the cutout better then stock. I have a friend that works at a meineke that does custom stuff all the time for me after hours. I originally cost me 200 to get the 2.5 pipe bent up and welded in but that was with the cost of the tip and muffler about a year or so ago.. Then another 80 bucks for him to cut out the cat and muffler and put a new tip on it a few weeks ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OQxGP61XfKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'd say go with a Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffler. They have a really deep tone on the 4g63. There's a member on here with I believe a magnaflow with single 3'' in, double 2.5'' out and it sounds amazing.

I usually tell people to go YouTube and look up exhaust sounds on the 4g63. Find the muffler you like and buy it. Then have a shop custome make the piping for you. That's probly the cheapest with out going no cat or muffler. Everyone has there Owen opinions and I respect them all you have to find one the fits you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back