The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

What should I buy next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse420ags

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Martinez, Georgia
Hey guys trying to improve suspension and I was wondering if I should buy the DC front strut bar or the Tanabe under brace? I have apexi coilovers already so Ive already gottin that takin care of. Or should i just break down and get a front camber kit? I did the vfaq (washers) mod on the back. Thanks in advance.

I would break down and get the camber kit myself. If your gonna do it do right.

high end tires like a ps2 will do more good than all the suspension mods in the world.

I agree with this statement. Invest in a good set of ultra high performance tires. You would be amazed at how much of a night and day difference a good set of tires makes.

I agree with this statement. Invest in a good set of ultra high performance tires. You would be amazed at how much of a night and day difference a good set of tires makes.

Very true. I recently went from stock suspension to full tokico suspension. Still settling but it will lower about 1.5". Then grabbed some Evo 8 Enkei's and some Eagle GT's (235/45/17 for those interested). Next is a full energy suspension bushing kit and strut bars. It's already a night and day difference with just a few things changed.
I also did the rear camber washer mod. Don't forget an alignment as well.

Well I have about $300 bucks to blow and my tires although cheapies have at least another 5000 miles to go someone said camber kit. What kind is the best bang for your buck? Also would anyone else get a bushings kit over the dc strut bar?

i did a similar set up and couldnt get my power to still stay to the ground. I did full suspension, then got some pretty beefy tires and lost that problem pretty quick.

when you say improve the suspension, do you mean for auto x or drag? There would be different opinions based on the direction you want to go.That being said, tires would be the best option for both.

Street and track is what im going for I found a Tanabe front under brace for 67 bucks shipped might pick that up for the price which leaves me with about 280 to spend. Camber kit, dc strut bar or bushings still up for suggestions?

I honestly don't have a front camber kit and I'm barely ~ -1 degrees out on the front right side, which is acceptable and won't wear tires away very fast at all. I would suggest the camber kit if you dropped more than 1.5" - 1.75" since anything lower than that put a pretty intense angle on the arms. Toe is a tires worst enemy not camber. Some people even prefer between -1 and -2 degrees

In the long run the bushing kit will help a lot as well as braces if you're looking for handling. Of course tires are largely involved in your grip... obviously.

Mine is dropped pretty good but I havent seen any wierd tread wear thats why I havent bought a camber kit yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back