The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absolutely gorgeous Tony! :thumb:

God I want a GVR4 so bad. My daughter loves when I hit boost in the Edge, and she loves the DSM. Really don't want to ride dirty with her in the backseat and a car seat ain't gonna fit in the DSM rear seat. Lol. GVR4 would be perfect.

One day, maybe.
All 4 of my kids did time in a car seat in the Talon. Even accommodated our collapsible stroller in the hatch. Even when I decided to gut the car in pursuit of a 14b top spot back in the day, the youngest still love to ride along.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Good Dad!! :);)

Im trying sort out my vacuum lines because theres a few T's going on.

I googled the model number on this, so I know its a MAC valve. One line comes into the front at the bottom/front from a line that T's and goes to the BOV and ultimately to another T fitting off the intake manifold and the side hose goes out to the wastegate.

I dont exactly understand what it does. My ultimate question tho is now that I have a JPipe with a nipple from the new intercooler piping...Can i remove this MAC valve and run the wastegate line to the jpipe nipple instead of having that line t'd off the manifold or is it doing something specific since the boost is being controlled through DSMLink?

I dont know how basic this question is...Ive never seen a MAC valve before. Thought i ask before i start sorting this out

Last edited:
The Mac valve is a EBC. The way the vacuum lines are ran do not sound correct to me personally.

You may want to do a quick search on the ecm tuning website as it has a write up on using/installing the ingersoll rand EBC which is essentially the same thing. I personally run the Ingersoll Rand on my 2g with ecmlink.

You could remove all of the EBC in general and use the j pipe nipple straight to wastegate but then you would just be running the base pressure of your wastegate spring.

When you said BOV and tee in the same sentence I cringed slightly LOL.

I have 3 ports on mine but one could be an atmospheric vent like the Mac valve has but I have it dumping into the snorkel.

I know someone on here has to be running a Mac valve and can give you more input on it than myself.

-Daniel

I got my DSM on the lift in my garage. Converting to E85 and putting the fresh Jack’s transmission in. I can’t walk by it in the garage anymore and see it just sitting there.

For the people who have installed a bulkhead in a 2g awd, did you have to slightly bend your siphon tube to clear the -an 90 fitting on the top?

-Daniel

The Mac valve is a EBC. The way the vacuum lines are ran do not sound correct to me personally.

You may want to do a quick search on the ecm tuning website as it has a write up on using/installing the ingersoll rand EBC which is essentially the same thing. I personally run the Ingersoll Rand on my 2g with ecmlink.

You could remove all of the EBC in general and use the j pipe nipple straight to wastegate but then you would just be running the base pressure of your wastegate spring.

When you said BOV and tee in the same sentence I cringed slightly LOL.

I have 3 ports on mine but one could be an atmospheric vent like the Mac valve has but I have it dumping into the snorkel.

I know someone on here has to be running a Mac valve and can give you more input on it than myself.

-Daniel
Thanks... if thats the case, then it sounds like at a bare minimum, I could keep the valve and just change the boost source from the T'd line that ends up at the Intake manifold over to the jpipe instead... That would eliminate at least 1 of the T's. The car runs very well, its just that these vacuum lines seem like a weird set up. Wasnt really aware of this ECU/EBC concept so Ive got something to come up to speed on.

Test fit my head oil feed plug since long ago I had to re-tap the thread to M12x1.25 and I'm running the 6851S off the OFH

Fancy lookin' for $10 bucks and it seems like it will work but I'm suspicious of the narrowness of that sealing surface. It will be thread sealed anyway so likely not a bother.

Yes, that is all I'll be able to do today since I have drywall to hang and was hoping to hit the practice range (golf, obviously).

Last edited:
Patted mine on her roof and told her I hadn't forgotten about her. 😞
I'll plant flowers for the old shortblock for Memorial Day ROFL

Scored a set of sunvisors from Nate at performance part out. They’re in fair condition. Considering how hard these are to find, just the fact they have fabric on them was more than enough for my to pull the trigger. I bought them like minutes after he listed them on his website. Lol.

But, I bolted them up today. This was one of the last pieces of the puzzle. Now I just need that damn passenger side b pillar trim!

Test fit my head oil feed plug since long ago I had to re-tap the thread to M12x1.25 and I'm running the 6851S off the OFH

Fancy lookin' for $10 bucks and it seems like it will work but I'm suspicious of the narrowness of that sealing surface. It will be thread sealed anyway so likely not a bother.

Yes, that is all I'll be able to do today since I have drywall to hang and was hoping to hit the practice range (golf, obviously).
Those work great to plug oil squirter holes

Hella productive day, thanks to the community. Test-fit the SMIC I got from @SorionC57, with Dejon SMIC piping I bought from @talon749.
Cleaned up the garage in order to find some unCracked interior trims for @CrackedDSM. Received some 1G Talon door-side moldings from @ArthurCharland, along with some splints tasteful flooring samples. We are going to have a go at casting some reproduction moldings.

Aired up the passenger rear tire of the 92 Auto car and drove her down the road. Sure wish the trans was fixed but I am too busy for one guy
As a side note, I may have more time coming up as I am considering retirement, YAY.
On the downside, if I retire, I won't be on here nearly as much as I always have the forum up at work and I WON'T BE THERE.:idontknow:
33+ years of getting up before 5am is getting old.

Oh it will be on here at home but I won't be in front of the screen most of the time like I am able to be now. :)

My plans won't come around until after the first of next year so I can really crunch numbers and know I will still have "fun" money to enjoy the life I have now. :thumb:
Back to "What Did You Do To Your DSM Today" :)

Last edited:
Mostly Reassembled transfer case
Dedicded to retest crank end play just incase I had it wrong or the wife wasn't pressing hard enough. reoriented the feeler twice.

:( Numbers are worse this time around

I can pry the crank over .01 depending on how much force I put into it.

Likely due to the PO's f***wit mechanic who installed a new clutch but didn't adjust the master cylinder properly, blocking off the ability for fluid to return.

Last edited:
Tinkering cleaning stuff up waiting on powder coat still 🙄. More disassembling of body panels, fixing things I can and replacing stuff before it goes to the body shop. Got the new brake lines and stuff on/ran and painted the diff.

Wife and I took the Eclipse and the Prelude for a morning cruise. Just a handful of cruisers out this morning. :)

Went out for something in the garage and found out my brake lights were still lit. Nothing turned them off, so used the Googles to find this thread https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/brake-lights-won’t-turn-off.518094/ and post #12 turned out to be a real winner. 5 minute fix.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back