The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Weekly Meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadlyScone

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Beginning of the year Mt.Hood run! We will start at cars and coffee and make our accent to mt.hood and hopefully grill up some lunch and have some fun in the snow.

When:
9:00am, Saturday. 2/16/13

Where:
9911 Northeast Cascades Parkway, Portland, OR 97220.
behind the Cascade Station Famous Dave's BBQ (near Best Buy and Starbucks) by Portland International Airport.

Here is a picture from greekgodchaos. More pictures here & here

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in, minus work i should be able to make it no problem!

I have this feeling its going to just be us for a while LOL

Sorry my car blew up I'm out of the dsm game.

Lol no big deal give it time. We can post over mitsu media as well to try and get extra exposure. Ill bring the camera next time to start shooting shots for people. Im patient anyway!

My next two weekends are packed busy, so I can't make it yet, but I did finally get the hybrid 14b installed and the coolants leaks tightened.

^Congrats man!

^^Sweet deal man it would be nice to meet some more dsm owners!

Whats the status? Is anybody going to come?

My wife and I are going to hit famous daves after if anyone is interested.

awesome I have wanted to go there actually, im gonna leave my place in a few and be there in like 15min

Fun meet guys, sadly my car still seems to be leaking quite a bit. Good news is that I think that noise I have been hearing are my PS and ALT belts vibrating/bouncing up and down when I rev it. How do you guys tension your belts to make sure they are tight but not too tight?

i tighten them until i get about 1/4'' deflection in the belt, then i call it good.

Well I tightened them up and noise went away. So happy it wasnt the tensioner pulleys, but I am still going to swap them out with new OEM ones in the near future just for safety sake. Maybe put an OEM Mitsu Kevlar T-Belt on too :)

Nice man glad to hear it! Whats everyone feeling for next weekend?

I am up for another meet, hopefully I get my parts in before then so then I can stop my damn oil return line leak.

Ordered:
OEM 2g Oil Return Line
OEM Fuel Injector Insulators
OEM Shifter Cap Bushing
OEM Shifter Bushing
OEM Throttle Body Gaskets
OEM 6mm 10mm Crush Washers
OEM Oil Return Gaskets
OEM J Pipe Gasket
OEM Bellhousing to Block Dowel

Can't wait :D

Plus I tightened up my coupler clamps and my J-pipe and my turbo seems to spool a lot quicker. :) Only weird thing is that when I am cruising my AFRs want to hover 14.8-16.5, and I cant figure out why.

^Sounds to me like you had a pretty significant boost leak and now that you have it under control your car is getting added air it wasn't getting before causing it to lean out, just a thought. Lets get some ideas rolling around about a place to meet if the weather is bad, that way we aren't last minute deciding!

Ya, it was probably because you fixed your boost leaks. The extra air entering the a/f mix is causing a lean condition. When you have boost leaks you run rich.

I'am stumped on what parking structure to go to. The only one i have in mind is the Lloyd center one, but its a bit ghetto and way to patrolled. You have any ideas?

The parking structure at Clackamas Town Center is ok... we can't get to the top but we could still hang on one of the lower floors. I know its a bit further for the Vancouver guys but its a straight shot down I205

The Clackamas Town Center is the one I was thinking of as well.

On the note of the lean bit, its strange because it just seems like I have a "lean spot", and of course mashing my foot to WOT forces Open Loop and that then moves to my Evo 3 timing map which makes my car go like a bat out of hell :p I am going to tweak some settings in ECMLink and see what I can figure out. This thing takes 2nd gear WOT pulls to 7500 with no questions asked. I gotta say, aside from the leaky oil return line, I did a damn good job with this rebuild :D

Thats awesome man, im glad she is pulling so well! As for the dead spot, maybe you can get away with just richening up that spot? Also you are running the 3 inch gm maf right? Isnt it common to have similar issues with those and they just require extra care in those areas? I thought I read something like that about them. If you do find that could be the case you could always go sd for rather cheap!

On the note of clackamas town center, I think it could our best option. As long as we are respectful i dont think we will be bothered. I see scoobies do meets there occasionally as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back