The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

warped head?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonFULLtune

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2013
three churches, West_Virginia
I blew headgaskert after blowing off the oil filter. Put everything back togather with a mls headgasket but its seeping coolant under the cam gears. Is this warped? And can i mill the head and how much? thanks for all the help

No the head and block havent been decked as far as i can tell. I only have had this car for 3 months not sure of its history.

The head and block need to be resurfaced specifically for an MLS head gasket in order for it to properly seal. I would pull the head and have it inspected by a machinist. They will be able to tell if the head is warped, cracked, etc. If the head checks out, I would get a basic resurface done and install with a Mitsubishi or Felpro composite gasket. Also be sure to follow the proper torque sequence when installing.

As WES said, in order to have a MLS HG properly seal you need both the block and head to be surfaced. A composite head gasket will allow the seal to work well after having just the head surfaced as long as your block is still in good shape. It takes a lot to warp the block, but its pretty easy to warp the head with a blown HG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back