The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Turbo Oil restrictor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
Hey, I was browsing around and reading that some use an oil restrictor on the oil feed line to the turbo. I have a 16g and was wondering, should I use one? I have a Melling oil pump (the highest flowing one). The feed line is a -4an ss.

Not true^^ You need one if your oil pressure is higher than the turbos recommended operating oil pressure. BUT the mhi turbos have there own restrictor on them so your good.

Alot of the journal bearing garret and holsets require about mid 70s oil pressure at full load and if you run no balance shafts then your oil pressure can be over 100 psi. You would need a restrictor for that turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back