The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved BCS Restrictor Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stin92

Probationary Member
Mar 20, 2011
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Sorry guys, I have looked everywhere, where is the location of the BCS restrictor. I know exactly what it looks like, is it under my air filter? I seemed to have searched everywhere underneath there and do not see it! Would appreciate the help!

Thanks

Here is the location of the BCS: http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/bcs.htm.

For the restrictor: Tech Guide: 1G 4G63t Upgrades: Stage 0 Power - DSMtuners
1G 4G63t Upgrades said:
Step 11: Remove the BCS Restrictor
If you do not have a manual boost controller, you can safely up the boost about 1-2 psi by removing the restrictor in the boost control solenoid. In the nipple that is perpendicular to the body of the solenoid, you can insert a screw or a drill bit, and then pull out the restrictor. Make SURE not to drill into the body!!!
Also:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/7696-bcs-mod-restrictor-removal-merged-2.html#post1462333 -- shows the port described above, for those visual folks
BCS Restrictor Removal -- although it is written for a 2G (the method is the same, you're only dealing with a different looking solenoid in a different location), you can clearly see the difference in port size on the BCS as well as what exactly you are aiming to pull from the solenoid

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back