The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Turbo oil feed line leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velmin hu

Proven Member
May 25, 2019
Las vegas, Nevada
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Greetings turbo oil feed line there is oil half way down to the oil filter upper half no oil

i would clean it up to find the culprit, but replacing it would be the safest way to go if you daily it or drive the car a lot. Just remember to prime it if you change it

I don't think there is a leak. It almost looks like the dipstick popped out under boost and got oil onto the ends of your exhaust manifold and on the oil feed line AT SOME TIME IN THE PAST. I know this is a new build but did the old motor happen to do this. It coats stuff when it happens then you have to let it burn off for the most part. Brake parts cleaner will help remove the residue and I would try that first and see if it continues to show weeping.

.............got oil onto the ends of your exhaust manifold and on the oil feed line AT SOME TIME IN THE PAST......................
I came to the same conclusion when on the "smoke in engine" thread. I must have happened before the rebuild and the parts weren't cleaned before they were re-installed on the rebuilt engine.
Damn it Mr.Wilson,
what is wrong with these people? Re-installing parts without cleaning them just isn't right.

I have to agree clean it and make sure it is fully tight. Then drive it around a bit and see if any oil is back. If not then keep on eye on it for a little while and that should tell you if it’s a small leak or dirty parts.

I agree with 1990tsiawdtalon... That "leak" looks very old. When your dipstick pops out it will throw oil in that area - is there any oil stains on the manifold? There is nothing wrong with taking off your feed line, cleaning the threads and reinstalling it. Rember those fittings do not use Teflon or any other sealer, so do not add any.

I came to the same conclusion when on the "smoke in engine" thread. I must have happened before the rebuild and the parts weren't cleaned before they were re-installed on the rebuilt engine.
Damn it Mr.Wilson,
what is wrong with these people? Re-installing parts without cleaning them just isn't right.

I just fugured I was being OCD maybe....LOL :thumb::thumb:
But seriously, I didn't see any VC leakage at all. I've toasted many a turbo and had too roast it off....
No residue from the VC, I think shows it was from a past issue.

Last edited:
Clean the whole area very good and check on it after you drive the car if you see any signs of oil then you have a problem. If you don't see any signs of oil then it might be an old oil leak. I would use brake parts cleaner to clean the area.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back